alone together (analogical)

Virgil sat on his bed. He should get up. He should leave. He should go and ask someone for help. But he couldn't.
He would probably annoy someone, or make someone worry about him. That's not what he wanted.
He leaned back, paralyzed with panic.
He could hardly remember what had set him off in the first place. It was small, whatever it was.
"But of course, I had to fucking overreact." Virgil thought as silent tears poured down his face.
He wanted to just get up. To make a small choice that proved he was still in control of his emotions. But no matter how hard he willed, he couldn't.
' It's not like anyone will come for me anyway.' He thought numbly.
He squeezed his eyes tighter, trying to force away any more tears that might be coming.
(blah blah whatever)

There was a knock on the door. Quiet, but very clean and precise.
Then a voice.
"Virgil? Hello, it's me, Logan. I was just checking in on you because you've been in here quite some time. I know how you get, and I just wanted to make sure you're okay."
Virgil swore under his breath. He couldn't exactly just ignore him, he didn't want anyone to worry. Though, that mission had seemingly almost failed.
Virgil shakily willed himself to get up, walking to his door and unlocking it, waiting for Logan to open it.
There was a beat of silence, and then Logan opened the door.
"Hi," Logan said. He was in his pajamas, seemingly ready to go to bed.
Virgil assumed that it was around midnight, as that was around the time Logan usually made his rounds around the mind palace and went off to bed.
"H-Hi," Virgil said, his voice shaky.
Logan cleared his throat, "As you know, I'm not great with social cues, but from what I can tell, you seem-er-unwell."
"I-I'm okay. I'm just a little tired."
"Hm." Logan frowned a little. "Though you do have the typical bags under your eyes, they are more intense than usual." Logan pointed towards Virgil's face. "And your eyes do look a little pink. Not to mention that your voice and posture are shaky. Also-"
"Logan." Virgil put a hand on Logan's shoulder. "I get it. I-I guess you're right. But it's whatever, alright?"
Logan shook his head. "No, this will not suffice. Knowing you, you won't fall asleep for quite some time, and I can't have you keeping Thomas awake. Plus, I know how you get when you're tired."
Virgil stifled a laugh. He knew Logan was right. He could get kinda bitchy when he was tired.
"I guess you're right," Virgil said. "What're you going to do then?"
Logan was quiet for a moment, thinking.
"Well, I think the first step is to calm you down, as you still look pretty shaken. After-effects from an anxiety attack, I presume?"
Logan walked out of the doorway and into Virgil's room, taking a survey of everything.
"Yeah." Virgil nodded in slight embarrassment.
"Okay." Logan clapped his hands together. "The aura of this room is, well, to put it nicely, hardly calming, to begin with, so I don't have much to work with. So, I'll ask you. What typically calms you down?"
Logan sat down on Virgil's bed, and Virgil did the same.
"Um," Virgil scratched the back of his neck. "Usually I listen to music or something. Though what I listen to isn't really calming."
Logan nodded. "Is there anything you listen to that is calming?"
"I don't know," Virgil said. "There is some lo-fi stuff I like."
Logan smiled a little. "Great. Could I see your phone-" Logan paused when he saw the brief look of panic that came across Virgil's face. "-or I could connect my phone to your speakers and find that music."
Virgil de-tensed. "It's fine. Here." Virgil grabbed his phone from a nearby nightstand, unlocked it, and handed it to Logan.
Logan quickly connected it to the speaker in the room and found a playlist of the lo-fi songs Virgil was talking about.
"Okay," Logan said."
"Okay," Virgil said, fidgeting with his fingers.
"What else do you do to de-stress?" Logan asked.
"I don't know. Not much else. I just kinda listen to music and lay down."
"Hm." Logan closed his eyes and nodded. "If you were laying down, would it comfort you to have another person nearby?"
Virgil stopped fidgeting, coughed a little, and felt his face flush.
"I-um-"
"If not, that's perfectly fine! I can leave if that's what makes you feel comfortable-" Logan said frantically.
"No! No, it's fine. I would like that, actually."
"Oh," Logan said quietly, quickly looking away from Virgil. "So, I'm not particularly experienced in what Patton would call "cuddling." I-If that's what you want."
Virgil felt his face flush to a degree that could most definitely be seen past all his white foundation. "Yeah. That's fine. And that's fine too. I'm not great at, um, "cuddling'' either." Virgil chuckled a little, and Logan did the same.
There was a moment of awkward silence before Virgil bridged the gap between the two by wrapping Logan in a hug.
Logan wasn't sure how to react for a moment but reciprocated the hug soon after.
"Thanks, Logan," Virgil said quietly.
"Of course. I'm glad I could help you." Logan said more emotion in his voice than normal.
"No, really." Virgil said as he let go of Logan, but keeping Logan's hands in his. "You didn't have to help me like that. That was super cool of you."
Logan could feel his face warm. "Oh. I mean, it was no problem. It was really quite enjoyable, too."
Virgil laughed a little. "Yeah. It was." He laid on his bed, Logan soon doing the same, paralleling him, the two's hands still intertwined.
Logan squeezed Virgil's hand a bit, and felt a smile creep across his face.
Virgil turned, looking over to the ever growing joy on Logan's face.
"What?" Virgil asked, slightly bemused. "I don't think I've ever seen you so smiley."
"I-I don't know." Logan covered his smile with his spare hand, though Virgil was still able to see a sliver of it. "I guess I'm just feeling-tch. Feeling. 'Feeling' happier than on average."
"Oh." Virgil said, closing his eyes, finally at peace. "That's nice." He said as he drifted off into sleep.
"Yes," Logan said, closing his eyes also. "It is."