an affection starved boy

(implied logince)
Logan laid on the couch in the living room, lazily flipping through a book. Roman was in the kitchen poking through cabinets but saw this as the perfect opportunity to mess with Logan. He often play flirted with him, as he did with all the sides.
Roman waltzed over behind the couch, kneeling, his arms draped over the couch.
"Book Germ?"
"Hm?" Logan flipped a page.
"Are you a library book? Because I wanna check you out." Roman snickered to himself.
Logan flipped another page, not bothering to make any reaction, as this was something that happened quite normally.
"Are you a parking ticket?" Logan said in a monotone voice, still not bothering to look up. "Because you have fine written all over you."
Roman POV
He. Responded. Normally he would look at me like I was crazy or maybe chuckle a little bit, but this has never happened. I'm sure my face is blushing a fierce shade of red right now, and even though red is my color, I can't help but cover my face. And it was good too! I'm simply at a loss for words. He closes his book and looks at me with an incredulous look.
"Speechless? That's quite unlike you." His voice is something I've never heard in it. Amusement? Maybe? Surprise?
I nod my head, as words are still evading me. His eyes look like he's trying to scan every inch of my face. Like he's trying to place something. This is beyond odd.
Logan POV
Roman. Speechless. Huh, I'm almost surprised. But there's something in this speechlessness that worries me. His face was glowing red, and there's a slight glistening in his eyes. He turns and coughs a few times, but I know he's not sick. It's more of a throat-clearing cough. That's it! The shine in his eyes and the throat-clearing cough are tells of someone who is crying, or at least trying to hold back tears. But that's what's even odder. I'm now worried that I've said something wrong.
"Roman..?" I sit up and hold his shoulder. "Are you alright?"
He clears his throat again and moves his shoulder from my hand.
"I-I'm- Yeah-" His voice falters.
"Are you sure?"
He stands up, walks around the couch, and sits in front of it. He leans his head back and stares at me.
"Yeah, I think so."
Roman POV
Why am I crying? Why is this? When Logan touched my shoulder, I'm not sure why, but something happened. It was so nice. I felt like I just. Melted? I mean I'm always laying on top of someone or cuddling with someone or making contact with someone somehow. But this? This is different. Logan initiated the contact. And it was short and I moved away but oh my god. I don't know why this feels so special to me. It couldn't have been longer than twenty seconds, but it made a huge impact. Logan is still staring at me with that look. His eyebrows are pinched together and his mouth is slightly agape.
"Roman, did I say something wrong? I know I can be tone-deaf occasionally, but I want to make sure I didn't say anything-"
I shake my head. "No, No, you're fine." He cares? What is this? I'm so confused right now. Gosh, pull yourself together Roman.
Logan POV
I see now. Roman gives so much affection, but rarely gets it back. He's desperately starved for it. Though I will admit I'm not great at the touchy-feely stuff, it is in my best interest to fuel all of the others with the necessary feelings for them to perform all of their functions.
I gently reach down and place my hand in Roman's hair. As I said, I'm not great with the touchy-feely, so this is strange. But Roman's hair is quite soft. It's more fluffy and full than mine, but not any more than Patton's. Even if it is full, it's not tangly. I'm able to fully run my hands through it with my fingers getting caught. It's calming. I can almost envision Roman laying on top of me and me running my fingers through his- No. I don't do this. I don't do all touchy-feely, cuddles with Roman nonsense. I can't. I can't let myself. Roman's eyes widen and I can a tear roll down his cheek. He laughs, and I can feel him detenseify.
"Logan?" He says breathily.
"Yes?"
He lets out a short sigh, and I lift my second hand to run through his hair.
"I think." He closes his eyes. "I think I needed this. Thank you, Logan."
I slide off the couch and sit next to Roman, and he lays his head in my lap. I mindlessly start making small braids in his hair.
I let out a small laugh. "I think I needed this too."