Chapter Eleven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Although I don't want to be here" he muttered.

I laughed down the phone.

We talked for about ten minutes before saying goodbye.

Again I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

The following afternoon, it was nearing 2pm as I had finally finished with a few meetings, I had to come back for a fitting in 2 days time for the clothes I was going to rep.

I was driving to my parents house, they lived about half an hour away on the outskirts of LA, and had done the whole of my life.

"Hi love" my Mom called as I walked into the kitchen, she was as usual busy cooking or baking something.

I walked over and kissed her on the cheek before leaning against the counter.

"Dad still at work?" I asked.

She nodded, passing me an apron.

We chatted, and I helped her prepare some food when my Nan walked through the front door calling out.

"I see my Clari's car" I could hear the smile in her voice.

I grinned as she came over and hugged me.

This reminded me of the times growing up. My Nan, Mom and myself all just hanging around in the kitchen, making food and chatting.

"Daughter" my Grandad called out as he came over about an hour later.

I had always been very close with my Grandad. I think it was because my Nan and Grandad only had my dad, it was no secret that my Grandad has always wanted a girl as well, but my Nan had trouble staying pregnant, so when they had my Dad they were very happy.

My Dad always jokes that as soon as I came along, I replaced my Dad in my Grandad's eyes.

A little while later my Grandad was reading the newspaper next to me on the counter, as I was laughing at my Mom and Nan.

My phone started ringing on the counter.

JK is calling you...

I smiled, and answered.

"Hi" I said quietly, making my Mom turned around to glance at me.

"Hi, you ok?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I'm alright. What are you doing?" I could feel my cheeks getting flushed with my Nan now looking at me.

"Just finishing up practise. And I missed your voice" he replied.

"I did too" I said quietly.

"Who is that?" My Grandad asked beside me, he realised I was speaking Korean.

I waved my hand at his direction, making him click his tongue at me, but I knew he would be smiling.

JK was quiet for a few seconds, "is that your Grandad? I only assume since he spoke Korean"

"Yeah it is. I'm over my parents house" I answered, raising my eyebrows at my Nan's glance at me.

"Are they going to bug you with questions now?" He breathed.

I giggled slightly, making my Mom slowly smile at me. I knew in this second that she knew what exactly was going on with this person on the phone.

"Most likely" I smiled.

"Are you going to tell them?" JK asked, his voice quiet.

I thought about it for a second, "I mean, can I? I don't know"