1+×I Miss You×+1

<<sorry this took so long to get out :((

As always song is inspo!!

Enjoy💖>>

George opened his eyes, a quiet flatline ringing in his ears. He went to take a deep breath, before realising he couldn't.

George panicked, frantically trying his best to breathe when he realised.

He didn't need to breathe.

Huh.

So he really was dead.

"What the hell?" George said, the words smoothly flowing from his throat in a stark contrast to the painful scratch they had been the last couple of months.

It took George a few seconds to get his bearings. The familiar bedsheets, the desk with a kitchen chair pulled up to it, the faint bloodstains in the carpet-

George was in Dream's room.

Dream.

"DREAM!" George cried out, moving to stand up. Instead he rushed forwards, floating in the air. A short, high pitched scream escaped his throat as he 'jumped', moving higher up in the air.

He whimpered, seeing the ground far below him. George looked up at the ceiling, now inches away from his face. Shaking slightly, George reached up, expecting to push off of the solid material and get himself back on the ground.

What he didn't expect was for his hand to phase through the wall. George's eyes widened as he repeatedly tried to punch, kick, push, just touch anything.

It seemed like the only things he could interact with were the clothes on his body.

He felt like crying.

Not so fun ghost fact of the day- apparently the dead can't cry. Or at least George couldn't. His shaky sobs were met with dry eyes.

George was going to stay there, curled up on Dream's ceiling forever, if not for the man himself opening the door.

"D-D-Dream-" George stuttered, immediately floating over to him. He went to hug Dream subconsciously, surprised when he could actually touch him.

He felt Dream shiver in his arms, knowing he probably felt one of those "cold spots" that people say are ghosts.

George buried his face in Dream's chest, barely noticing how hot the human was compared to everything else.

Dream kept moving while George hung onto him, trying his best to keep up with his boyfriend.

Dream laid down on his bed, George immediately snuggling up against him. He still felt like crying, but Dream's presence comforted him after not seeing or hearing him for so long.

George finally looked up at his face, only to feel his heart drop.

Dream looked like he hadn't slept in days, his hair a tangled mess. George buried his face in Dream's chest, guilt churning in his gut.

"I'm sorry Dream," he whispered, listening to his partner's heartbeat and wishing he still had one of his own.

As Dream fell asleep, George found out that he was unable to.

Instead of peacefully slumbering, George listened to Dream's soft snores as the night wore on.

Even if he was dead, at least George got to be with Dream again.

The night passed by quietly, George listening to Dream's snores as the stars in the night sky faded away one by one.

George was pulled out of his thoughts when Dream began stirring underneath of him.