Not An Option: Giving Up

"I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily, I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make."

.

.

February 19 | 7:00 A.M.

Dear Glimmer,

I'm gonna make this really quick because I asked Brutus to give me an extra five minutes before showing myself to the people of District 9. Also because I have a feeling I won't be able to write to you a letter later today due to some parties Brutus is forcing me to attend to today. Cashmere caught up with our train even though you aren't around. She told me everything. She told me everything even though I didn't even ask for it. It was after the Capitol Ball a month before your coma. Gloss found you splayed on the carpet floor of your temporary room in the apartment. It might have been that you accidentally hit your head on the wall or did it on purpose.

But what I most wanted to know was why you were holding a picture of me in the process.

.

.

February 20 | 8:21 P.M.

Dear Glimmer,

Cashmere told me that she saw the scenario of what went on before you either accidentally hit your head or did it on purpose. She told me to see it for myself in the Capitol Media Corporations. Why were you holding a photo of me while you lay unconscious on the floor? Did I hurt you which caused you to commit into such a state or were you only merely holding it to put it somewhere into place? I want to find out. District 11 and 12 were dull and bland - not my type of District; even based on Tributes from the said Districts. But tomorrow, I won't be around because I have to visit my friends in District 2 to see if they're doing okay. Still, I will look over the tape right after.

One way or another, I'm still going to find out; Glimmer.

.

.

February 21 | 3:00 P.M.

Dear Glimmer,

Shit happened today. Instead of having a productive visit, I got a literal Hunger Games visit, minus the killing and fight to the death. I suppose a brawl is what most people call it. Ever since I was gone, my friends have been arguing relentlessly which caused everyone to go their separate ways. It's really sad, though. We've all been best friends ever since we were Sophomore Career Tributes in the Academy. It's hard to imagine how everything is falling to pieces. All good things come to an end. This is going to be the first time that I'm practically going to believe that. Have you ever had a group of friends that look as if everything is okay at first but as soon as you leave them for some important call, shit happens? It's very hard to reciprocate as I write this.

So much for that drama. I'm going to the CMC tomorrow with my little sister, Connie. I'm finally going to know the truth.

.

.

February 22 | 10:57 A.M.

Dear Glimmer,

You were trying to kill yourself. Why would you do that? Why, Glimmer? Seeing you attempt suicide is enough to drive me crazy. It's a good thing that Connie was there or all else I would have demanded to have the best cure for your coma. The camera showed that you were watching the replay of the 68th Hunger Games (Shine's games) and once you saw the scene where Shine killed her fake "lover", you drew out a picture of me from your pocket and started crying. Moments after that, you began to run into your room and locked it. Almost without thinking, you slammed your head on the concrete wall. Do you know how terrible that made me feel? Being almost the reason for the impact?