Fifty Days of Glimmer

"It's like tossing your heart to see where it lands."

.

.

February 1 | 12: 51 P.M.

Dear Glimmer,

How are you feeling? Actually, don't answer that question. I've missed you so much, ally. A lot has changed since I've been in the Capitol. I guess they were astonished that two kids got out alive. Or maybe that's just me. Everything is... how do you put this? Empty ever since you got into a coma. But I know you can hear me as I read and write this to you. I still have hope that you'll live. You're a brave and independent Career and I never would have known you'd come this far.

Well, crap. Your sisters and your little brother is here. Oh, there's your Dad too. You never told me he was a Patriarch. You're one sneaky bombshell now, aren't you?

.

.

February 2 | 9:00 A.M.

Dear Glimmer,

Your sisters are amazing as well as your little brother, Dazzle. I remember Shine, your eldest sister. She won the 68th Hunger Games. Her games were one of the best there was - aside from ours, of course. I hadn't realized that you two were sisters by then. I can see where your braveness came from. Velvet's your half-sister; correct me if I'm wrong. She seems pretty nice although a bit remorseful. I can't really blame her. Your little sister, Sparkle is a sweet heart. She's the one person I talk with more than that of the others. She's a really good conversationalist. As for Dazzle, things are a little awkward. He looks as if he just wants to tolerate me.

There is never a time that I am given the chance to be alone with you for one day. Maybe I can ask your siblings or your Dad for it tomorrow. Please wake up, Glimmer. I need you. Your family needs you. Please.

.

.

February 3 | Written at 7:00 P.M.

Dear Glimmer,

Guess what? Today's your Dad's birthday! He's 39 now, right? Must be great to have a caring Father. I know it's your Dad's day, but I just want you to know how it went for me and my Dad. My Dad left me and my Mom when I was fifteen; but he still pays our bills as well as my tuition for the Career Tribute Academy. Nevertheless, I always rendered him useless. I could only wish to have a Father like yours. Maybe life would have been better for me. Unfortunately, I'm reading this to you now at 11:00 P.M. because your Dad had spent his birthday staying at your bed side - minus the casual Patriarch clothes. It took a few encouragements from Velvet to make him go to bed. A father cares, Glimmer.

Well, I'm off to bed. I promise I'll be back tomorrow. I always am. I hope you can hear me, so that you'll know that you're never alone in this planned twist of fate.

.

.

February 4 | 6:00 A.M.

Dear Glimmer,

The nurses have looked at me weirdly this morning upon my arrival. Maybe because I was the first visitor to come in today, or maybe they were just dazzled by my attractive looks. I know you were. I hope it's okay for you - I just think that you don't deserve to be left alone after what happened to you. Your hands are pale, cold and hard as rock. Can you feel me holding your precious hand? I hope you do. It would really make me happy if you could twitch a finger or eye. But alas, you're in a treacherous state. What am I to for I am only a mere victor? I wish I could do something; but I'm a fighter - not a doctor. I know nothing of these patriarch stuff.