Give Your Heart A Break

I looked at Natalie from across the crowded room, never would I have thought in a million years that I would be where I am now. Top of the WWE, well almost, and in love with the most gorgeous girl, who might be crazy in the head for even considering me. Natalie was one of the newest Diva's on the roster, she was 22 and been training since she was 15 so she wasn't in the game too long. But she was talented, man was she talented. Every night she would go into that ring and fight tooth and nail to prove herself, not only to herself but to the fans...and to me. No matter how many times I told her she was the one I loved and the one who held my heart, she wouldn't believe it, not with the other Diva's around.

I smiled as she smiled, listening to her laugh as she joked with Trinity and Johnathan Fatu, one of the surviving couple of the WWE curse. I ran a hand through my shaggy hair and sighed happily, man was I lucky. I felt eyes on me and glanced up to see Roman cocking an eyebrow at me, a stupid smirk on his lips, he knew. I rolled my eyes and flipped, only causing him to laugh and walk over.

"So...Jeff, what's the glazed look in your eye?" He smirked, I groaned

"Just shush man, can't a guy appreciate his girlfriend?" Roman grinned and shook his head

"Not when he's at a christmas party full of his male wrestling friends who are known for giving him hassle" Reigns chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, watching curiously as the younger man on front of him looked on. You usually didn't see Jeff Hardy like this, usually he would have his 'bad boy' exterior on, even when Natalie was with him.

"What's on your mind man?" Roman smiled and took a seat beside his friend, Jeff sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to escape this conversation anytime soon. Especially with Roman and his persistance.

"Well, me and Natalie....We've been dating for a while right? Like what, almost 3 years know" Jeff didn't fight the smile off, usually his relationships would never last that long, especially after his crazy break up. "Duh, everyone knows that" His friend chuckled and Jeff shot him a glare, making him shut up. The box in his pocket now feeling a whole lot heavier than it had been tonight.

"I don't want to let her go man, not ever. Excuse me if I get mushy but she's my world and I don't think I could love without her, she has my heart in her hands and I'm afraid that any moment she's going to stick into a blender and destroy it" Jeff sighed and finally looked Roman in the eyes. "But do you know what? I wouldn't mind getting my heart broke by her, it would be a honour.She doesn't know how much I depend on her, and how much I always want to depend on her. She thinks I'm going to leave her for another WWE diva, how crazy is that? She's gorgeous, better looking than most girls here now" Jeff let his emotions out and when he stopped rambling he was grateful Roman wasn't laughing or making fun of him. That was one of the good things about Roman, if you ever had a problem you could talk to him knowing that he wouldn't tell anyone about it.

"Jeff, if that's how you feel why don't you tell her?"

Jeff chuckled and glanced at Natalie again, making sure Trinity and Jon stilled had her attention before pulling the black box out of his pocket and handing it to his friend. "I want to, but I'm bricking it. I was planning on doing it tonight" He murmured. Roman flipped the box open and grinned at the ring, it was definitely Natalie, it wasn't your usual engagement ring, it was a silver band but instead of a glittering diamond on top there was a red ruby, at least 24 carats. "Man she's going to love this" He grinned and patted Jeff on the back, a surge of relief flowing through his system.

"You think?"

"No shit man! That ring is Natalie all over, plus you know she's totally in love with you so you don't need to worry" Roman grinned and stood up.

"You better grow some balls, I'm starting to worry she has them in her hand aswell" He laughed, gave his friend one more encouraging pat on the back before rejoining his fellow Shield members by the food. Jeff took a breath, Roman was right, if he didn't grow a set now when would he. It was now or never (obviously not never, he could propose at anytime but he planned on doing it tonight)

He rose from the table and went to join the couple and his girlfriend they were preoccupying. Natalie looked up and smiled brightly as she felt a certain presence beside her. "Hey baby" She kissed his cheek and relaxed into his side, she knew something was going on with Jeff tonight but she couldn't tell what exactly.

"Hey Trin, Jon, mind if I steal my beautiful girlfriend away for a few minutes?" Jeff smiled, Jon recognising the look in his eye nodded almost immediately before leaning down to whisper in his own wife's ear, Trinity glanced between the couple and smiled. "Sure, take your time" She grinned, gave them both hugs before bouncing away excitedley with her husband to watch from the other side.

Jeff stood on front of Natalie, taking a few moments to admire her beauty and how lucky he was to have her, Natalie sensing his nervousness rose an eyebrow. "Jeff, are you okay?" She asked softly

"Me? I'm grand, but I have something to tell you"

Natalie fearing the worst began to brace herself, she tried to fight tears that were forming and glancing around her to see if anyone was watching the scene, thankfully they weren't, it meant she could make a quick escape."Okay"

Jeff took her hands in his and breathed in deeply before beginning,"Ever since you came to the WWE you have had me in the palm of your hands, from your red hair to your bubbly personality, since the first day I talked to you I haven't stopped wanting to.You are amazing Natalie,you are my life and you don't know how much I love you. You have my heart in your hands and I know that any minute you could stick it in a blender and destroy but that's the thing...I wouldn't mind having it destroyed by you because it would be an honour" Natalie felt happy tears this time,her heart hammering inside her chest.

"Now I'm not saying you would because baby you're too nice to do that to anyone.What I'm trying to say is that...I don't want to spend another moment just in a relationship.I want to spend the rest of my life with you Natalie" Jeff let go of her hands to pull the black box from his pocket before getting down on one knee. The conversations around them stopping as the rest of the WWE superstars and Diva's gathered to watch. Trinity basically jumping on top of Jon, while Roman just grinned proudly at his friend.

"So Natalie Elizabeth Jones, will you make the happiest man in the world by becoming my wife? Will you marry me?" Jeff looked up at her, nerves taking over him as he waited for her answer.

Natalie let her jaw drop,the ring was her it was beautiful red ruby sitting on top of a silver band, with two smaller white diamonds surronding it. "Oh Jeff..."She grinned and touched it gently before looking at the love of her life and nodding.

"Of course I'll marry you!"

Jeff jumped up to his feet, slid the ring on her finger before spinning her round in a circle as his friends clapped and cheered for them.He sat her back on the floor gently but his hands never leaving her waist. "I love you" He pecked her lips gently.

"I love you more" Natalie grinned and kissed her soon-to-be husband.