37

The next day we don't really have anything planned except for Devon, she is going to visit a friend of hers who lives in London for the day. Everyone else sleeps in, still recovering from the late investigation last night and the drive. When we do wake up Devon has already left. Once we've all gotten some energy back we decide we'll catch a train to Brighton, texting Devon to make sure she won't be disappointed to miss out, she doesn't sound bothered so Shane, TJ, Ryan and I buy some tickets. We've all heard great things about Brighton and want to visit the pebble beach, the pier, and the small surrounding city.

We catch a train at around noon, which hopefully means we'll be there by 1:30.

Shane and I are sitting in one booth, Ryan and TJ are across from us and there's a small table in between us. We've mostly been playing card games, Shane brought a deck so we could keep ourselves busy. But after about 45 minutes of Kemps, we get bored and put the cards away. We spend the rest of the ride talking about our plans. We talk about the last few episodes we need to get done for the season, talk about post-mortems, release schedules, the upcoming true crime season, and once we've exhausted that we talk about our non-work-related plans. I'm planning on visiting home pretty soon and Shane agrees. We actually end up talking about possibly road-tripping home together. It's a long trip but I feel like Shane and I could handle it! We've both done it alone already whenever we moved out to L.A.

When we get to Brighton we decide we'll check out the town first, considering we have to walk through it to get to the pier and the beach anyways. It's adorable, even more so than Colchester, with hip music, comic, game shops and cafes littering the brick streets. We stop into a record store and spend some time looking through everything and then making our way to a cafe for lunch. Once we've eaten and thoroughly explored around town we make our way to the pebble beach and the pier. We end up spending most of the day on the shore exploring the beach and beachfront shops.

As the sun begins to set the lights on Brighton Pier flicker on and we head over to check it out. It almost reminds me of an American boardwalk, with the bright colorful lights, the smell of fried food, and the sound of arcade games pinging in the background.

Shane's Insta

shanemadej- Brighton baby! Tagged: @sophiemc, @tjmarchbank, @ryanbergara

Tagged: @sophiemc, @tjmarchbank, @ryanbergara

user1: Adorable!! I love it!

user2: ok... so... anyone else feel like this is something only a couple would post like come on! It's literally just a pic of Sophie! Just make it official already ugh.

user3: hate this... we want pictures of you Shane come on!

ryanbergara: So. Many. Pebbles. In. My. Shoes!

sophiemc: :))

user4: OMG I LIVE IN BRIGHTON! Come visit me.