Chapter 5

Her eyes popped so far out I thought they were gonna fall right out of her head.
"What?! You do want to die! Why in the Shuck world would we follow a Griever?!" I shook my head, I was wondering how I remembered all this...how I even remembered anything!

"I don't know...I just remember that's what we have to do...we have to follow it till Sunrise." I could swear she didn't blink, seriously. She finally blinked a few times and looked calm for a second,
"How do you remember all this? How do I know your not just making this up?" I gave her my best, Really? Look.

"Why would I make this up? Just to kill everyone?" She sighed,
"Okay okay. So...when are we going?" I stared at her, she was actually wanting to go along with me,
"No, I'm going." She shook her head,

"I know the maze better than you do, you'll get lost without me." I probably would, after all, I've never been in the maze. I nodded,
"Tomorrow night." She nodded back, she started to walk out,
"Oh, and if you remember anything else...let me know. Now get some rest, we've got a long day...and apparently night Tomorrow." And she walked out of the building. I stared at the map for a minute, trying to find anything. Anything that would help us. I scanned the map, there were sections. I looked at the outer sections of the maze, I saw that section four had an abnormally long path at the end of it...we'll have to check that out. I covered up the map and left.

---

I layed on the ground, it was dark. We must've missed the walls closing. I stared up at the stars...relaxing in a way, well more relaxing than everything else that was going on. My eyelids were getting heavy, so I let myself drift to sleep...

'Blonde Lady- Mack, you have a choice...Stay here, or go up there.

Mack- I can't keep watching them die...

Blonde lady- Very well, just remember...WICKED is..

Mack- WICKED is good.

Blonde lady- Exellent Mack.'

I sprung up, another dream...Or a vision? Who was that blonde lady...
WICKED, I still don't understand what WICKED is-
'Mack are you there?'
I jumped, who was that? I looked around, no one. Was that me...no, the voice is too deep to be me.
'Mack, It's Thomas.'
Is this a dream? Am I hearing things?
'Mack, hello?'
No this was all too real,
"Thomas? What...who are you? Where are you?" I heard a small laugh,

'I'm not near you, but I'm talking through this device, it lets me talk to you in your mind'

This was all to weird, wayyyy too weird,
"Why are you talking to me? Who are you?!" I said rather loud, hope I didn't wake anyone...

'Cause your my friend.' I was his friend? I don't even know who he was!
Or what the heck he was doing in my brain!
"Your friend? I don't know you." There was a moment of silence.

'You know me...You just don't remember me." I thought for a second...he was in my visions.

"Wait...Thomas, why were you in my dreams, or visions or whatever the heck they are."

'Those weren't visions, or dreams, they're memories Mack. I know. I was in the Maze.'
Wait he was in this maze?! This very maze?!

"Wait, you were in this Maze?! Why aren't you here? Are you a ghost or something?" He laughed alittle, it felt weird in my head...like a tingle.

'No I'm not a ghost. And I wasn't in your Maze. I was in Group A's Maze. Your in Group C.'
Group C? What was the difference? Besides the letters,

'This is all the time I have to talk tonight, I promise we'll contact you later.'
My head felt empty, did he leave?

"Wait! We?! Thomas! Come back! Ugh!" I wanted him to come back, he knew about me in the past. He knew me. And I knew him. When he gets back, he's gonna have a shuck load of questions!