Chapter 11 - Part 1 of 2

Start from the beginning

I hesitated for a long moment, before shaking it. “Well, it’s really nice to meet you, Selena,” I said, my voice holding no emotion.

She nodded, before disappearing into the crowd once more.

 I quickly began to head towards my third period, as the bell rang. A scowl formed upon my face immediately as I reached my destination. It was the smelliest and most uncomfortable place imaginable.

Gym.

Should I ditch classes?

Just this once?

I mean, whatever had been the harm in skipping classes for a day?

 I decided to agree with myself without hesitation, as I began to run for dear life.

-----------------

I gasped for breath from great exhaustion, as I was certain I had been a good distance away from the school. I made certain that I regained my balance, before walking once more. I had not known wherever I had planned to go, but decided upon following my instincts.

After a few more minutes of walking without aim, I found myself in a small coffee shop. I entered the coffee shop without further hesitation. My body longed for caffeine.  And I had not wished to go against whatever my body wanted. Nor had I the strength to do so.

After ordering a cup of coffee, I sat upon a wooden desk at the very corner of the shop. It was then that I had remembered the note I had received earlier.  I hurriedly searched for the note in my purse, nearly spilling my coffee in the process. And after having found the note in the corners of my purse and cursing heavily at my clumsiness, I tore it open and gasped. It had been from Drew.

“Alice,

I sincerely apologize for not having been able to come to school today. There had been minor complications that had occurred, thus I was not able to show up for school. I am quite certain that you want the answers I had long promised I would bestow upon you, and I shall give them to you.

Meet me at the McClellan Park later tonight at eight in the evening and I shall be there. I give you my word.

-Drew “

For a moment, I had been able to do nothing but stare at the note. However had he been able to make it reach the school when he had not even been there? Why had he not showed up in school? Why did he care so much about my knowing the reason as to why he had been absent? Hundreds of questions had roamed my mind at that moment. But again, those were only a few of the questions I had wished to ask. There were plenty more.

I returned the note into my purse with a frustrated sigh, before I drank my pain killers and finished the coffee. I shut my eyes as I swallowed the painkillers, its familiar feel resulting to my great discomfort. I despised Morphine; I despised it more than any other medication I had been given with my refusal to take Chemotherapy.

Just then, my phone rang. I jumped, startled for I had not realized I had it with me. I checked the caller for the identity, and found out it was my mother. I gritted my teeth together in annoyance. I hated this. I debated over whether to answer her call or not, allowing the phone to continue ringing.

One….

Two…

Three…

Four…

Five…

Six…

Seven…

Eight….