Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my gaze never leaving the dress I had chosen to wear; it was strapless, barely reaching my knees and in a beautiful shade of pale rose. I had worn this dress but once, and I had sworn never to wear it again for it had been highly uncomfortable. Yet, here I was, draped in it once more. One night, I had told myself. Just this once, prioritize fashion over comfort.

I sighed, combing through my hair for the final time, before heading downstairs. This had been it --- my date with Drew. To say I was excited would have been an understatement, yet the feeling of worry for my sister’s health had taken away much of the excitement I should have felt. There was no one home but I, for mother had stayed in the hospital with Amy. Her condition was stable; it was not getting better nor was it growing worse and for that at least I was thankful. I remained seated upon the living room couch, awaiting Drew’s arrival but it had been but minutes before he arrived.

“You look beautiful,” Drew said, his face filled with surprise as I had opened the door. I flushed, before murmuring my gratitude of his compliment.  He smiled warmly, before reaching for my hand and placing it into his. “Shall we go?” he asked.  I nodded, and sooner than I had even realized it, we were heading towards a place that remains a mystery to me.

 In his black Lamborghini.

-------------

“I truly hope you do not mind if I take you to dinner first,” Drew said, as we neared an expensive-looking restaurant.

“N-no, not in the least,” I replied, as I fixed my gaze upon the restaurant. It was beautiful; the place larger than all the restaurants I have seen my entire life, as well as the finest. From the view I had inside the car, it had looked absolutely mansion-like. The walls were painted in a beautiful beige colour, and the garden front made the place even more breathtaking. “Wow,” I murmured, surprise taking over my features.

“I take it that you are fine with dining here?” Drew asked, as he stepped out of the car and opened my door.

I nodded, for I was speechless. I stepped out of the car taking his outstretched hand. “Unbelievable,” I muttered, as he lead me towards the restaurant doors.

------------

Our time spent dining was rather silent, but one that had been comfortable rather than awkward. Drew had not said much and only spoke occasionally to ask if I was satisfied with my meal.  To be truly honest, the food was absolutely amazing; its taste completely mouth-watering and  dinner had been over, I felt as though we were leaving the restaurant far too soon. I never wanted to leave, and I was certain it was apparent upon my face as Drew smirked towards me. “Don’t worry, Alice. We will return here soon, I give you my word.”

I gave him a warm smile, before allowing him to lead me out of the restaurant and into his car.

---------------------

“Where are we?” I asked Drew, as we had come into a stop.

“You do not recognize the place? Why, we’re at the park, Alice,” he responded, his lips twitched up into an amused smirk as he shut the engine of the Lamborghini.

Oh.

Realization took over my features as soon as I had taken in the surroundings ---- the far too familiar trees, benches, and the beautiful lake. There had been a few people in the park ---- talking, snuggling, fooling around, and simply enjoying their time together.  I had wished nothing but to have been able to join them.

“Come along now, Alice. We are not here for the park, I am afraid,” Drew said, pulling me out of my dream-like state.

I pouted in a child-like manner, resulting into Drew’s laughter, before climbing out of the Lamborghini. He took my hand and we walked towards the darker side of the park, filled with thousands of trees. “Where are we going?” I asked, curious as to what I would find once we had reached our destination.