"We have to get out of here," he said, pressing his forehead to the cold metal floor. He squeezed his eyes shut, but the desperate tears escaped anyway. "I need someone. I need Sonic. I need anyone." 

"Silver...." He looked over as (Y/n) sat up, rubbing her head. "Couldn't sleep, unfortunately. This headache is not letting me." She looked down at the plate, then pushed it over to him. "You're going to need your strength." 

"What are you talking about?" he asked, moving over to her. 

"You can't take me with you. If you leave me here, my death will bring a blow to Fia. She'll have to repair her facility and it'll give you the opening you need to get out of here." 

"No," Silver said firmly, shoving the plate over to her. "You're coming with me." 

"Silver, I'm only going to drag you down. Take Blaze and get out of here. Shadow's lost it, from what I gathered from your little trip to his cell. He won't be much help and finding him will take you too much time, anyway." 

"Listen to me," Silver said, grabbing the sides of her face and making her go silent, her eyes widening. "I'm not leaving you behind. Period. I'm determined to help you, and you can't stop me." 

"Silver, please," she said, closing her eyes as tears fell down her cheeks. "If we stay here much longer, I'm going to start believing Fia's lies. I lost hope four years ago when I gave myself this curse, and being stuck in here with a headache that makes it hard to think, I don't know if I can ward of the despair anymore." 

"You have to," Silver said. She let out a hopeless laugh. 

"How can you be so optimistic?" she rasped, trying to lift her hand, but the heavy gauntlet was too much for her. 

"I thought the future was destroyed," Silver said, pressing his forehead to hers without really realizing what he was doing. "But I kept trying until it was restored." 

"But was it? All that work, and here Fia comes with her grand plan to destroy it all over again." She made another sound between a laugh and a sob. "I can't, Silver. I can't do this. I can't live with this. Please! If you can find anything, just kill me!" 

"No," he said, his breath shuddering and tears streaming down his cheeks. "Stop believing her lies! That's what they are! Lies!" 

"You're still so inspiring," she breathed, pulling away from him and laying back on the ground. Her chest rose and fell softly. "I still wish I could be like you." 

"We are getting out of here," Silver said, curling his hands into fists. Pain shot into his head but he ignored it. "We have to. We have to. Come on!" There was a loud shriek and he let out a pained scream before falling back, his arms burning, his fingertips glowing a soft red. (Y/n) sat up, eyes wide. 

"Silver?" she said. She reached over, grabbing the nearest chain and shaking it. Silver let out a moan, but didn't move. "Silver! Please! Get up!"

"Quiet down!" a guard outside shouted. (Y/n) reached over and grabbed his hand, instantly yelping and withdrawing.

"What's going on?" a silky voice asked, a now familiar face peering into the upper window on the door. Fia slid the bars back to get a better look, her eyebrows raising at the sight of the two telekinetics. "Hmm."

(Y/n) looked back, narrowing her eyes as the door suddenly started to slide upwards. When it was a decent height off the ground, Fia stepped into the cell. The (a/t) could see two beasts behind the fox, glaring down at her with their red eyes.

"What happened here?" Fia asked, glancing at (Y/n). She made her way over to Silver, but before she could get close, (Y/n) flashed her foot out, the chain catching the fox's own foot and causing her to pitch forward.

"Now, now," Fia hissed, catching herself and turning around. One of the beasts outside shoved its head under the door, unable to fit in more. (Y/n) ignored the obvious threat and forced herself to stand.

"Leave him alone," she growled.

"Or what?" Fia said, crossing her arms and stepping out of reach. (Y/n) curled her hands into fists. "I get what I want, and in your condition, you won't be able to stop me."

"You better hope these chains can hold me," the (a/t) snarled. "Because if they can't, I'm slowly going to snap every bone in your body."

"I suppose it's unfortunate that they can," Fia said, bending down by Silver. Thinking quickly, (Y/n) grabbed the plate and hurled it at the fox like a frisbee. Fia yelped and stumbled forward, turning around. The beast at the door lashed its claws through, snagging one of (Y/n)'s chains and jerking her back. Its claws dug mercilessly into her arm and it pulled her towards it, only stopping when Fia gave a shrill whistle.

"Listen," she said. "I can stick you down in the useless Mobian sector, if you want me to. Up here, you get put out of your misery for a better purpose. Down there, you rot for the rest of your life. Which sounds better."

"The former, actually," (Y/n) sneered. Fia rolled her eyes.

"I'll let you contemplate your existence for a little longer," she said, standing up and walking to the door. She ducked out, her beast savagely ripping its claws out of (Y/n)'s arm, leaving a trail of blood as it withdrew. The (a/t) curled in on herself, gripping the wound. "But for now, I've got to break the news to my prized prisoner." With a cruel laugh, the door then slammed shut and her footsteps faded away.