My Smart Cookie

The moment you opened your eyes, a pounding headache took over before you could recall the events that happened before you passed out. Whatever it was you got injected with, it made you feel so weak. Your vision was still blurry. Despite the pain that overtook your body, you attempted to look around but all you could see was darkness. You tried moving your body, but couldn’t. The sounds of chains echoed throughout the room when you did so. Your eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and you realized you had been tied up to a chair. Your hands where cuffed in front of you inside a metal box making it unable for you to use your quirk. Pain now rapidly made space for panic. Memories from the past events now flashed through your mind. Bakugo! you were with him. He got captured because he let his guard down trying to save you. Your eyes quickly scanned the room to look for him. Nothing. You felt your stomach turn. A sickening feeling overwhelmed you when you thought about the fact that is was partially your fault that the both of you were in this situation. Your heart froze when you heard a groan coming from the opposite side of the room. You recognized this voice but couldn’t see anything.

“Bakugo?” you said with a shaky and tired voice

“Y/N?” A soft and beat up voice whispered back from the opposite side of the room. Tears welled up in your eyes

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Bakugo continued.

“I am fine. I am so sorry Bakugo. If it wasn’t for my weakness we wouldn’t be here. You wouldn’t be here”

“Hey hey it’s okay. None of this is your fault. I will get us out of here I promise” a sudden flash of light hit your eyes causing you to close them and squint to adjust to the sudden lit up room. The walls were gray. The metal box your hands were trapped in was attached to a ring on the floor with a big chain. Your gaze fell upon Bakugo who was now visible. He too, was completely tied up in the exact same way you were. Your eyes met.

“You shouldn’t make promises you can’t keep you know. It only leads to more disappointment.” Your gaze quickly shifted to the direction the voice came from. There, next to the light switch stood the guy that grasped your neck and almost burned your left cheek off. He had a lazy expression on his face. His eyes shifted between you and Bakugo for a solid 6 seconds until he broke the silence again.

“Now you two lovebirds are awake we can start the fun stuff” He said as he walked into the room closing the door behind him. He dragged along a chair that was sitting in the corner of the room and placed it backwards right before Bakugo. He sat down as he leaned forwards on the back of the chair.

“We brought you here to make a deal. After that sludge villain attack we’ve been keeping tabs on you. We saw you at the entrance exam. We have seen you train with your friends. Your quirk is quite extraordinary and very powerful. This will be to great use to us”

“You want me to join your stupid emo club, burned face?!” Bakugo interrupted. The villain shrugged.

“First of all, you can call me Dabi. Second, it’s not a club. See it as an initiative that is going to change the world. This hero society we live in nothing more than broken. All they care about is money and fame. they don’t follow any ideals. You’re either born a hero or you’re not. You can aspire all you want but if you’re not cut out for the job, you’re being stepped on. Worse even, if you’re quirk doesn’t fit the hero society you’re automatically seen as a villain. That’s how it always goes and always has been. We are just here to fix that, and you could be part of this”

“forget it, I refuse.” Bakugo answered rather confidently. This is something you admired of him. No matter what situation he was in, he always goes above and beyond and never loses his confidence, not even when face to face with the so called league of villains. At least that is what you assumed Dabi was part of. Class 1-A had an encounter with the villain group while training at USJ. You were there too. That was the first time you had seen Bakugo’s other side. Outside of all the anger and ego he radiated, he had a big heart and always fought for the sake of others, not himself. You were one of the first ones to understand that.