Grasping X Nen

CSiF Reader Insert 11

Grasping X Nen

"Come to my residence."

You held up your hand, "I'm not going thank you very much." You turned around with the intent of returning to your room, "Your lies aren't worth my time."

Wing stared at you, "Lies?"

"Nen and Ren aren't important. You're overlooking important fundamentals." You walked away before anyone could question your little fib. Nen was important, you just didn't want Killua or Gon knowing anything more about you than they need to know.

'Cursed with a demon by his side.'

Your mouth formed into a shaky smile.

'You're not a demon.'

Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies.

Your head dropped and you looked at your gloved hands again before pushing the elevator button. Silence was the only thing that came from your mouth through the entire trip back to your room.

As you opened the door a voice called out to you from behind.

"Hello, (Y/N)."

You swirled around to see a pink-haired girl with a ponytail dressed in a short kimono.

"Machi?"

"I need to talk with you." She spoke, pulling you into your room.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

"August 30th?" You repeated, "so Chrollo is interested in the YorkNew auction."

"I would prefer if you addressed to him as 'Boss'." Machi said calmly, taking a sip of the tea you prepared for her.

"I'm not in the Troupe," you stated boredly.

"Your attitude hasn't changed at all."

"Did you think it would?" You glared.

"No, not at all," she placed the tea cup down, "Hisoka just told me you made friends with two other boys."

"Do you have a problem with that?" Your eyes narrowed.

"It's none of my concern." Machi stood up, "Well I came here to tell you, I've finished my mission." She walked to the door.

"You'll be there, right?'

"I'll think about it."

"I see," she opened the door.

"Well they're all waiting for you."

As the door closed silence lulled upon your room once again. She was being seeked out by the Troupe again.

"Old habits die hard..." You muttered to yourself. Leaning against the wall, you slumped to the floor.

There was no escape for a demon cursed to live in the world of the living like you.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

As you all advanced to the 200th floor you became very silent.

It started little by little, a retort kept in your head, and explanation unspoken. Before you barely even greeted them in the morning. You didn't even notice their concern.

"What does the 200th floor look like?" Gon asked before sneaking a glance at you.

"Beats me, I've never been there." Killua replied.