Hellfire Criminal

"Wahh!" You gasped in excitement as you stood in Zaban City, "Wow! This place is huge!"

A boy with white hair and blue eyes holding a yellow skateboard 'tched' before walking away.

"Geez... What's his problem?" You murmured, deciding to walk around all the stalls set up by the streets. Finding the Hunter Examination site should not take that long.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

An hour had passed and you didn't spend any money, you sighed. "There wasn't anything excessively good..."

You walked by an old woman who didn't have a stall, instead, she sat on an old carpet and had many different trinkets laid out.

Crouching down your eyes laid on a lighter. Your hands itching to grab out for it. When was the last time you started a fire? Ahh... Pyromania was annoying but... Taking a break from killing equals taking a break from letting things on fire equals mental strain. You didn't exactly need the lighter, but it was an easy excuse instead of outright using Nen.

"Excuse me miss, how much is the lighter?"

The old lady looked up at you, your cape-like tailcoat sleeves were rolled up and you had (f/c) gloves on. Along with a (f/c) shirt and a belt with shorts. You still wore thick boots despite the weather.

"That's 20 jenny."

Reaching into your tailcoat pocket, you pulled out 50 jenny. "Keep the change." You said, not caring about the money before taking the lighter and walking away.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Your stomach growled again as you groaned, so tired from walking around. After buying the lighter you bought a white scarf. It reminded you of the scarf you had in your days as a mercenary.

You entered a small ramen restaurant and sat down beside the same boy that walked away when you arrived at Zaban.

"Hey," you said to him, "Do you know where the Hunter Exam is taking place?"

He shook his head, "I was hoping you'd know where."

You both sat there, only you were eating though, the boy was carefully observing everyone in the restaurant.

"We'd like your meal that opens the hearts of others," the boy and you turned your heads at this.

"A password maybe?" He smirked. "Let's wait a bit, for those three to leave."

"Alright." You looked at him, "Why are you letting me go with you, for all you know I could be a serial killer." That was half true...

"I'm not scared." He said not caring.

After five minutes we stood up, repeating the same password, except saying it for two instead. We were directed to a room with a table.

Sitting down, I felt we were moving downwards, this might take some time. "So what's your name?"

The boy stared at me, his blue eyes questioning my motive. "Killua. Yours?"

"(Y/N)" you paused, "Sooo Mr. PMSing--"

"Oi, what the hell?!" He looked pissed. Amusing.

"Well, you didn't care about me being a possible threat but you hesitated in giving me your name." You crossed your arms, "Bipolar? Multi-personality? PMSing?" You grinned.

"Neither." He grunted. Suddenly the flowers in the vase lit on fire, you visibly relaxed.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

As soon as you two stepped out of the elevator a green glob came up to you holding two tags.

"Wear this on your shirt at all times." He said before giving it to us and leaving.

"Hoi, hoi! Mr. Blob dud- ahh, never mind..." You sighed before attaching the '100' tag to your shirt.

"Hello!" A fat man in a blue shirt with a '16' tag walked up to you and Killua. "My name's Tonpa! This is my 35th time taking the exam" he smiled.

"35...th attempt?" You sweat dropped. "That's..." You didn't bother finishing the last thought.

"Pathetic." Because Killua finished it for you.

"Well, I hope you rookies have better luck than me!" He laughed. "How, 'bout a drink to toast our friendship?" He held up two cans of orange juice.

Killua looked at you before taking it and drinking it. Tonpa had an evil glint in his eyes. That made you drop the can.

"Let's go (Y/N)." Killua walked away, you trailing behind him shortly.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

"So, what was in the juice? Poison?" You asked him.

Killua nodded, "A laxative."

"You seem just fine," you said wearily. You were slightly thirsty, it wouldn't have hurt to drink a bit right?

"My body is immune to poison." You head snapped up at that.

"Woah really?!" You smiled, he just stared at you before nodding again. "That's so cool! Being immune to fire and burns don't really do you anything..." You sighed dramatically. Killua raised an eyebrow at this.

You burst out laughing, "You thought I meant that?"

"Well..." You really wanted to tell him, but you knew that could end your life. You were a criminal, you couldn't have friends.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

After waiting a few hours, with Killua downing at least 5 cans of laxative juice(--!!) an alarm rang, you tilted your head towards the sound and an entire wall lifted up. Behind was a tall man with purple hair and a mustache. Just a mustache, no mouth. Where the hell is his mouth?!

After a boring introduction and no one quitting Satotz introduced himself and began running. You quickly reached to your shoes and wheels popped out from the soles. Sighing, you listened to all the yells and insults of 'cheating'. Killua was riding a skateboard. Men get away with everything possible.

Glaring at them, you concentrated your aura to your feet, fire burst out and propelled you forward.

"See ya later, losers!" You saluted while sticking your tongue out.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

(Y/N) is a new participant to the Hunter Exam, and she already knows the fundamentals of Nen. Will she fail this exam, or have someone figure out her job before passing?

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•