Chapter 7

A silence fell over the room. It lasted for a good 10 to 15 seconds before Mrs. Bakugo said, "...What? What do you mean you're gay?"

"It means I'm into guys and only guys." Bakugo replied, knowing she knew what it meant, she was just in shock. "Particularly this guy." He gestured to Kirishima.

"You mean you're...?" Mrs. Bakugo pointed to the redhead, still processing the information presented to her.

"His boyfriend." Kirishima avoided eye contact but still smiled slightly, grasping Bakugo's hand.

"If you don't like it, then deal with it." Bakugo said. "I can't change this part of me. So you're gonna have to suck it up and accept reality."

"Well....you do seem like a gentlemanly type...so I don't mind you being together." She replied after a few seconds. "And, Katsuki, I know that you're the same, you're still my son, you've just shown us another part of your soul. I'm....proud of you."

Bakugo's father stayed silent. He looked stern.

"Mitsuki, I don't know why you're okay with this behavior. It's unnatural and immoral." Mr. Bakugo said.

"How so?" Mrs. Bakugo asked seriously.

"How are they supposed to have children?!"

"They're 16! They definitely aren't gonna have children any time soon. And do you really think that Katsuki would want kids? He's terrible with kids."

"EXACTLY!" Bakugo added.

"Besides, if they ever did want kids they could always adopt or get a surrogate." Mrs. Bakugo pointed out.

"EXACTLY!" Kirishima exclaimed, as he actually liked children.

"Well then, what about others' opinions?" Mr. Bakugo added. "Would they be safe going out in public? I definitely wouldn't want to see two men kissing or making goo-goo eyes at each other in public."

"And you're perfectly fine with straight people doing the same? You're just making stupid excuses!" Mrs. Bakugo was really getting pissed.

"Well, I just don't support that kind of lifestyle." Mr. Bakugo replied.

"You can at least 'not support it' when the people you're talking shit about aren't around to hear your whining!"

"WHY DO YOU EVEN GIVE A SHIT?!" Bakugo suddenly shouted. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T CARE! IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA COMPLAIN, THEN STOP TALKING TO ME! DISOWN ME FOR ALL I CARE!" He started to feel a lump in his throat, and he managed to swallow back his tears. "I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT LIKE YOU THINKS OF ME OR WHOEVER I HAVE AS MY PARTNER. IT'S MY LIFE AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT."

"Katsuki...let's go." Kirishima said, grasping his hand and hiding his own rage. "Let's leave them to think about things."

So they both left, Bakugo's anger eventually calming down and being replaced with heartache. He almost felt disconnected from reality, everything around him blurring together, every sound becoming static in the back of his mind, the rest of his brain filling to the brim with regret.

"You do care, don't you?" Kirishima said softly.

"Kind of...." Bakugo managed to whisper, with tears starting to gently roll down his face.

Though he tried his best to keep looking tough, using the wall he always had to prevent any weakening emotions from escaping. But that wall was damaged over the years. Badly damaged.

He tried to patch it up with excuses like "it's not that bad, I can handle it" and "plenty of people have it much worse."

But it turns out that a series of moderate problems can be just as bad as one huge problem. Like the way a swarm of wasps can be just as bad, if not worse, than a single, giant wasp.

All the guilt and regret that built up over the course of his life was breaking the dam.

The only comfort he had was the person by his side, whom he didn't realize was hugging him this whole time.

Kirishima's faraway voice said, "If your parents won't accept you for everything you are, then I will. I'll be your family, the rest of our friends too. Kaminari, Sero, Ashido, Jirou, and everyone in the class. And I'll support you in the end, even if no one else will. I don't care what happens, I'll be there to love you whenever you need it."

With a familiar skipping heartbeat and a comforting warmth, Bakugo settled back into reality. He buried his face into Kirishima's neck. He faintly smelled like cinnamon.

"....Thanks." He muttered.

Then they continued walking back to their dormitories.

A/N
Sorry for taking so long with this, I just often run out of motivation as well as ideas to get the plot going. I don't even know what the plot is going to be. I'll try to think of something...eventually.