Chapter 3

Bakugo sat on his bed, his back against the wall.

'Now everyone's gonna think I'm weak. They already do, though, so what's the point in worrying?' He thought to himself. 'Even that stupid Deku looks down on me. And Kirishima, he's probably the strongest believer in that. He's seen my soft side, he probably thinks I'm the biggest pussy on the fuckin' planet...'

He felt a tight knot form in his throat and his breathing started to quicken.

'Don't you fucking dare cry. You're so weak. Everyone hates you, they've made it clear.'

His vision became blurred and all he could se were splotches of light and dark.

'Everyone would be happier if the villains killed you.'

He tried to even out his breathing but instead let out a sob.

'Țhĕý wāņť ýøų đęåď'

At that moment, Kirishima knocked on his door, unaware of what was happening. But Bakugo didn't hear. Kirishima started to walk away, but heard sobbing coming from the room.

He turned the knob and found it unlocked. He gently opened the door (ddlc fans UNITE) and what he saw broke his heart.

Bakugo was curled up in a ball on his bed, hyperventilating and letting out the occasional wail.

"Must be having some sort of anxiety attack...." Kirishima thought. He definetely knew how that felt.

He closed the door and ran over to him. He sat on the bed in front of him.

"Bakugo, I need you to breathe. In for five seconds, hold for seven seconds, and out for eight. Can you do that?" Kirishima said.

The other softly nodded.

"Okay. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5..." He counted as Bakugo inhaled shakily. "1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... and 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8." They repeated this until his breathing evened out.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Kirishima asked.

"Everyone already hates me... they think I'm an asshole who only cares about himself.... God knows what they'll think of me now. Especially you. You probably think I'm weak, they all do, that's why I won't accept help for anything. I want to be seen as strong..."

"I don't think that at all." Kirishima said.

"You just pity me."

"No, I don't. I looooiiike you, you're a great friend and you're just generally amazing."

Bakugo still didn't want to make eye contact.

"Would maybe listening to some music help? It always helps me in these kinds of situations." Kirishima suggested.

Bakugo softly nodded in reply.

He decided to play Thomas Sanders's cover of Breathin by Ariana Grande (if you haven't listened to it YOU NEED TO). The softness of the singer's voice and the strumming of the guitar was very comforting to him.

He wrapped his arms around his explosive cru-FRIEND, Bakugo's head against his chest, as the song began.

🎵Some days

Things just take

Way too much of my energy

I look up and the whole room's spinning🎵

As it got to the chorus, Kirishima quietly sang along.

🎵Time goes by and I

Can't control my mind

Don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time

Just keep breathin and breathin and breathin and breathin

And oh, I gotta keep

Keep on breathing🎵

They stayed in that same place for the whole song, slowly rocking back and forth to the music.

Towards the end, Bakugo finally got the courage to look up at the boy comforting him.

Kirishima felt his face get hot, and Bakugo started blushing a bit, too.

'This is something straight out of a fanfiction...' Kirishima thought.

🎵Just keep breathin and breathin and breathin and breathin

And oh, I gotta keep

Keep on breathin, oooooh🎵

Their faces were inches apart. Then centimeters. Then millimeters.

Their lips were sealed together.