Chapter 14

We spend the rest of the break having fun before I have to go back to school. It's now May and Emma's birthday is in a day. We've spent the time we've been back trying to figure out why I've seen the visions but we have no idea so we've decided to leave it alone until it happens again. In the meantime we just relax and enjoy ourselves.

"William! Get your ass back down here!" Emma yells from the hill beneath me as I hover about twenty feet off the ground.

"Fine." I smile and land on the grass. "Want to see the view?"

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"Get on my back." I turn around so she can hop on. She does get on my back after a moment of hesitation. "Hold on tight." I look over my shoulder to see her nod and I fly up back to where I was before.

"Holy shit." She whispers.

"It's peaceful up here." I smile and notice her nod in agreement.

"I see the appeal." I can tell she's smiling as she says it. We stay hovering like this for a few minutes before I bring us back down.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" I ask as we walk back to her car. She's fixed it up a lot so now it runs better and doesn't break down if she goes fast.

"Don't even think of getting me anything for my birthday." She orders.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because it'll be my nineteenth birthday and I don't like my birthdays." She says as we get in the car.

"Well, you deserve something. Even if you don't have any party or anything like that." Emma sighs and drives us back to the house.

"Hey, guys. Want pizza tonight?" Shawn asks us as we enter the house.

"Sure." We both say at once. Shawn nods and starts to order the pizza while Emma sits on the couch.

"I'm gonna practice." Emma and Shawn nod before I go upstairs and to the attic.

I pick up my guitar and start practicing the cover I'm trying to learn for Emma's birthday present after making sure they can't hear me downstairs.

After I get the song done twice with only a few mishaps Shawn comes up to let me know the pizza's here and we all eat.

After eating we all go to bed since it's getting late. I don't have school the next day so Emma and I go to the diner for breakfast and hang out on the hill until Shawn texts me that everything's set up.

When he does Emma and I go back to the house and I stop Emma from going in right away.

"What are you doing?" She asks as I step in front of her and the door.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it." I smile and she hesitantly covers her eyes.

"If you did something, I swear." We go in and I move her hands away from her face to reveal the living room. The couch sits against the wall while the TV is next to it and the amps with my guitar sit in front of the couch. "What's all this?"

"Well, you said not to get you anything so I didn't. I just learned something instead." I tell her as Shawn comes in with a small cake and a candle on top of it. "He got you something."

"I hate you guys." Emma smiles.

"Make a wish and blow out your candle." Shawn tells her. She shakes her head with a small sigh before closing her eyes and blowing out the candle.