𝐓𝐄𝐍. the one where stiles has a plan

Start from the beginning

Peter looked down, picking at the hammock he'd made. "I just— I don't know— I guess I always thought it'd be cool to be an Avenger. You know, Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, fight crime with all them."

Stiles turned, eyebrows furrowed. Honestly, he was expecting something along the line of chemist or world-saving scientist. But this was so much better. "Wait, really?"

"Yeah. It's kind of a long shot, you know, but it's cool to think about." Peter shrugged, tapping a beat on his chest.

Stiles nodded. "Not really. You could totally do it. You're already annoyingly self-righteous and wholesome so you'd fit right in with those guys."

Peter sat up. "What?"

"I mean, they have the FBI in New York, so I could adjust. And I definitely know that Tony Stark guy would love you. You're both crazy genius." Stiles mumbled to himself. "What's he— like a kajillionaire?"

Peter laughed with disbelief. He'd daydreamed of being an Avenger, sure, but he'd never actually considered it to be his future. "Wait, wait, you'd want go to all the way New York with me?"

Stiles looked at the young hero, not understanding the incredulous looks he was getting. "Pete, bud, babe, they don't have the Avengers in Beacon Hills. Hate to tell you that."

Peter shook his head, waving his hands. "I mean like— I meant— you want me in your future. Like big time future future?"

"Duh. What, you think I'm just gonna leave you here to rot with Coach Finstock?"

Peter grinned ear to ear, gazing at his boyfriend, fascination swirling in his eyes. He looked over the constellation of moles and the honey color in his eyes. The prominent jawline and the unbelievably soft hair. "I — I love you. I love you a lot." Peter gushed.

Stiles bounced his eyebrows. "I'm glad. Otherwise apartment hunting in New York would be a little awkward. Especially with the whole one bed ordeal."

Peter's eyes widened, his cheeks immediately flushing a bright peachy red. "One — one bed?"

"We're paying twelve hundred rent every month and I'll be just starting training. We can't afford two."

Peter tilted his head, a questioning look over his face. the way Stiles talked about it like it was already happening, like they were already there. "How were you ever single?" He questioned honestly.

Stiles hummed. "It was the greater being above saying to me, "hey, wait for the dork in a leotard.""

Peter's shoulders dropped, an annoyed expression washing over. "I — I don't know if dork or leotard was more hurtful."

Stiles smiled, balling up a leaf he'd picked off of his hood, and tossing it at peter, watching it bounce off of his nose. "Neither, because you love me so very much."

Peter pressed his lips together and sighed. "You've got me there."

Stiles glanced back, seeing Scott and Liam having quite the bonding time a few yards back. A little father son moment if you would. "I can't believe that little runt went streaking."

It happened June twenty third, when Stiles finally popped the question. Only four months after the whole Mexico Peter Hale mishap. One of which Peter refused to revisit now that he'd finally been convinced that he'd done good by laying Peter Hale out.