𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

1 year ago

jungkook's pov

"jungkook-ah!" it was the voice of the girl whom I cherished. 

the voice of the girl who admitted her feelings for me. the girl who I had accepted and now deeply care for.

I swiveled to catch her longing gaze, greeted by her angelic smile, and a small nudge on my elbow. it was a small habit of hers that I thought was cute. 

it was our first month anniversary. her eyes had that type of sparkle that would draw you in and hold you for a long time.

a type of sparkle that glimmers for the person they love.

_

it was our 2nd month anniversary. she was still as cheerful as she was, her voice that still reached mine, and mine that touches hers. 

yet the sparkle in her eyes seemed faint. it only held me for a little bit.

_

it was our 3rd month together. this time, I tried my best in making our anniversary special. tight on budget, I still managed to buy the ring she asked for, and a reservation at a fancy restaurant.

"thank you!" she gives me a peck on my cheek. the leaps that my heart would usually do wasn't there. but I tried hard to believe that it was still there.

she looks up to give me a smile.

it seemed forced. 

"what's wrong?"  I asked, 

"it's nothing," she smiles.

it seemed sad this time.

I searched for that spark in her eyes

it was gone.

it didn't hold me at all. 

it left.

and it left me entirely.

_

the caller can not be reached, please try again later.

and then just like that, on the night of our 3rd month anniversary, you didn't show up to the restaurant I told you to go to.

and the next day you didn't show up to school.

and the following weeks after.

you left without a goodbye, you moved without even telling me.

what's worse was, after weeks of wondering where you were, I saw your post with some guy abroad.

had I not tried enough?

had I not given you everything?

or was I not good enough?

hundreds of unanswered questions, hundreds of unanswered calls, and texts. you only told me to wait but how was I supposed to when you left me confused and my heart shattered all over the place.

_

"hyung it hurts." 

it was my first heartbreak. the feeling was foreign and new, and it's as though thousands of shards had pierced my heart all at once.

seokjin soothingly runs his hand on my back, like a mother who pats its crying child. I hear the rest come in, gathering around me, forming a big group hug.