epilogue

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned. Tied with a ribbon.         

"Keefe, where are you taking me?" Sophie asked, laughing as she grabbed Keefe's hand and trusted him as they ran.

Keefe adjusted her blindfold with his other hand. "You'll see Foster."

Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land. To follow what's written.

They came to a stop and Sophie peeled off her blindfold, still laughing.

Her breath caught in her throat as she looked around. It was a lush pasture with tall, light colored grass and beautiful blue wildflowers sprinkled and dotted across the field. The sun was setting, slipping below the horizon and spreading its gorgeous, vivid colors across the the meadow.

"You know what this reminds me of, right?" Sophie asked, smiling as she admired the scenery. "Our first kiss."

She caught his ice blue eyes staring and blushed. "Our first Team Foster-Keefe moment."

Keefe kissed her. "And I hope this moment can lead to more.

But I'd follow you to the great unknown. Off to a world that we call our own.

Sophie felt her eyes watering as Keefe leaned down on one knee and held out a box containing the most beautiful silver ring she'd ever seen, topped with a brilliant ice blue, gold flecked jewel right in the middle.

"Sophie Foster, you are the most beautiful, brilliant girl I have ever been able to dream of. I knew from the moment I saw you that you were something special. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go.

And Sophie knew that her heart was nestling itself in the right place, that her life was only beginning as she sobbed, "Yes!"

Sophie kissed him like she'd never done before.

And the future was looking bright because Keefe Sencen was in it.

We're walking the tightrope.