Chapter 11

June

I had no idea what the movie had been about.

It was only when the credits started going up that I realized I had missed the whole thing.

The only thing that I had been aware of for the past two hours, was Theodore's hand wrapped around mines and How soft his hand was. My heart sped up every time he tightened his hold.

I wasn't sure if he was just being nice, or if his heart was racing as fast as mine was. There was nothing inappropriate about what we were doing right? So why did I feel like we were hiding this big secret? Why did the way he was holding my hand feel .... different ?

Maybe that's just because I have severe Daddy issues. Yeah that's totally it.

I gave him a quick glance and Theodore seemed completely unbothered. He looked as if we weren't even holding hands right now.

How should a person even look while holding hands??

I'm overthinking this whole thing entirely. He doesn't like me he's just doing this to put me out of my embarrassment. He's probably doing this because he feels sorry for me.

I'm so dumb.

I glared at the tv screen when I felt my eyes burning with tears. And why the fuck was I crying? I had nothing to cry about.

"Excuse me." I mumbled quietly as I quickly let go of his hand and stood up from the couch. I walked as fast as I could from out of the living room and kept my head down so no one would see how pathetic I looked. I quickly ran up the stairs and down the hall to my room.

I closed the door quietly behind me and fell face first onto my bed. I'm so stupid.

"How dumb can I be?" I muttered to myself with a small laugh. Looks like I didn't need to be in little space to make dumb decisions.

No I could do that perfectly fine all on my own.

I sighed when I heard a small knock on the door. "Sebastian please just... just go away. I don't want to talk about it right now." I bit down on my bottom lip in deep though.

Sebastian wouldn't knock ...

I slowly sat up and walked towards my door. I hesitantly turned the knob and pulled the door handle back.

"Oh.." I mumbled quietly when I seen Theodore standing there with a worried look.

"What's wrong?" He asked sounding genuinely confused and I frowned at him.

"What's wrong? You held my hand for 2 hours like it was nothing after telling me to "respect myself" whatever the hell that means- and now you want to act like everything is okay and pretend that it didn't happen-"

"June-"

"No I'm talking so let me finish. You want to play the adult card on me? Well I can be an adult too you know. I'm only living here right now because I couldn't get my shit together but my shit is 100 percent together now. So I'm going to pack my bags tonight and you're going to call Ms.Ann and tell her to come get me because-"

His lips were gentle yet firm at the same time. He tasted like the cake we had earlier. His kisses were demanding in a way. In a way that made me want to listen to anything he said. His hands gently grabbed onto my waist and pulled me tightly against him. I felt like I was dreaming. When he pulled away I was out of breath.

"I shouldn't have done that." He looked down at my lips and I simply looked up at him wondering why he did it in the first place.

"Then why did you?"

"Because I wanted to.. I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted. I should have-"

It was me kissing him this time. But this time he wanted it, this time he took control and seemed more than happy to kiss me back. It was almost as if we had no cares in the world.

But all good things had to come to an end I guess.

"You know I never thought my own brother would be so sick to do something like this." Benjamin's voice made us both jump away from each other.

"Ben... it's not like that-"

"It's fucking Mr.Lock to you little girl." Benjamin glared at me in disgust.

"And you" he stared at Theodore with a look of amusement "I thought you were the smart one. You are sick." He pointed a finger at him.

"Get your hand out of my face Benjamin." Theodore glared back and Benjamin dropped his hand. "You're not going to tell Esmerelda and you're not going to tell William either. You're not going to tell anybody because if you do it'll ruin everything we've built. And I-I know what I did was wrong and it's not going to happen again okay but for once don't ruin something else." Theodore hissed quietly and Benjamin gave him the most dirtiest look.

"Fine."

Theodore turned to look at me with an unreadable look, but something about it made it seem like he was saying told you so.

I should've just left things alone...

"I'm sorry for taking advantage of you like that June and it will never happen again. I swear it." He spoke in sincerity and I shook my head.

"What? N-no you didn't take advantage of me I wanted everything that just happened-"

"Goodnight." He turned around and quickly left the room leaving me a mad Benjamin alone. We locked eyes and for a moment it looked as if he was going to say something.

Instead he turned to leave and closed the door behind him.

The fuck did I just do.... ?

I crawled underneath my covers in slight shock and stared up at the ceiling. The taste of Theodore was still on my lips and I never wanted it to go away.

"June...?"Sebastian walked in and closed the door behind him and I didn't bother saying anything about it.

"Want me to sleep in here tonight?" He asked and I nodded

"Yes please." I hadn't even realized that I was crying.

Sebastian climbed into bed and laid next to me. He didn't bring it up, he didn't ask me what was wrong, and he didn't try and give me a long speech.

"Seb.." I muttered as I laid my head on his chest and he hummed sleepily.

"Hm?"

"I think you're my best friend."

Laters baby😏