His expression changed immediately after we stepped out of my Chambers...
He masked his face with a Stern expression...
That's more like my brother...
The cold-hearted warrior...

*******************
As we got closer to the field, the sixth gunshot was heard...
"Kira, you're doing the first sword dance with brother..."Ziza shouted running past us...
"Why do I always have to be your partner..??"I groaned jokingly...
"Because we are the best.." he replied pulling me hurriedly to the field...
Just as always, the field was crowded and lots of maidens were dressed up in their beautiful attire to entice the men.
My people are referred to as the Kansas, worshippers, and servants of the moon...
Governed by certain sacred traditions and strictly directed by the instructions from the moon goddess...
Today's festival, the moon dance is a celebration where beautiful maidens dance and also select their lifetime mate...
We were meant to understand, that the spirit of the dance leads us to our mate...
Our people forbid a man to marry more than one wife...
We also forbid a woman in her monthly flow to cultivate or plant crops, it is considered a great taboo...
And our people value the female gender more than the male because we consider the female as a procreation of the moon goddess...
The last gunshot was heard and the crowd grew quiet, with bowed heads they welcomed the high priestess except we royalty...
The high priestess and her servant did their usual incantations and purification...
And soon the moon slowly disappeared and the lamb offering was caught ablaze by the lightning that struck it...
And so, the festival was considered open, loud drumming was heard and the people lifted their heads...
The high priestess and her servant graced the occasion with their first dance before they sat down in their reserved seats specially adorned for them...
The next was the sword dance and my brother winked at me... I drew out my sword from my baldric
The sword dance isn't just ordinary showcasing our skills... It is spiritual...
We dance accordingly to the tune of the spirit...
This dance is in respect to the realm king, His the king of battle...
When I was a little girl, it was the late seer's son and one of the servants of the high priestess that was ordained to dance the sword dance...
Because mere mortals could not Cordain the power of the spirit...
But my brother and I are extraordinary...
We secretly danced this dance since we were kids... We learned it just by watching the previous sword dancers...
Soon, our sword was bringing out bright light as it clung together...
And we surrendered to the spirit...
The realm king was in total control of our bodies...
We danced until a bolt of lightning struck from our swords clinging together...
Loud applause and cheers were heard as we walked back to our seats...
Strangely, for the first time, I feel exhausted...
"That was WOW.."Ziza said sitting beside me...
"Thanks.."Brother and I answered in chorus.
"Off I go.."Ziza shouted running inside the dance floor and he got lost in the crowd...
"Are you okay..??"I asked my brother...
He was always weak after the sword dance...
"I've gotten used to it, so I'm fine.." he replied looking awkwardly at me...
"Are you okay..??" he asked me...
"Strangely, I felt weak today after the dance but I'm okay now.."I replied with a smile...
"Wait here, while I get a jar of kinsel.." he said before getting lost in the crowd...
(Kinsel- is a dessert that we consume as a drink made from fruit or Berry juice and thickened with starch..) My favorite drink ever...
Some men get drunk with only two cups of Kinsel but, I hardly ever get drunk...
"You felt weak today, didn't you..??" the seer asked drifting me away from my thought...
"Yes.."I shuttered still in awe that the seer was standing before me...
"The time for the prophecy is near Kira, but are you ready...??" she asked
"What do you mean..??"I asked slightly confused...
"You're a smart child, you should understand my words... Are you ready for the task ahead...??" she asked again...
"I was born ready..." I blurted out and she smiled before walking away...
That was weird...
I roll my eyes and my gaze landed on the high priestess...
She smiled at me...
I'd never seen her smile before...
That's also weird...
"Here is your jar.."My brother said sitting beside me...
"Wow, you got me my jar.."I said happily...
"I did.. And mother will kill me if she finds out.." he said and I chuckled...
"She's too scared to use a real sword, so you have nothing to worry about..."I said pouring my drink into my cup and I gulped it happily...
"Ahhhhhhh!!!"I breathed out...
"Just the way I like it.."I added and he smiled sipping his drink slowly...
His acting like this because we are in a public gathering but, I don't give a damn...
I don't pretend...
I do as it pleases me...
"Coco has his eyes on you, Kira," my brother said...
"He should better look elsewhere because I got no time for boys..."I replied before gulping my drink...
"He's a nice guy, he has always had his eyes on you, ever since we were kids..."
"I know, just the way Terra can't keep her eyes off you, Tigard..."I snapped at him...
"That's a different case, Terra is aiming at me because she thinks I'll be the next king which I would never be... If she knows that, she'll be all over Ziza..."
"I agree with you on that... But I ghat  no time to spare for Coco..."
I hate to admit it but I do admire Coco...
"You like him, don't you..??" the brother asked...
"I do but we all know my fate, I'm destined to die and not stay in the comfort of any man nor will I bore any child... This is my fate..."
"Valid point... I just want you to be happy... Who knows, the gods may reverse the curse..."
"That may never happen..."I sighed drowning my drink...
"Kira, haven't I forbidden you from drinking such a harsh drink.."My mom roared at me glaring at me.
"Just the way the gods forbid me from having a happy life, you did..."I replied
"You don't talk back at me like that... I'm your mother.."
"Point noted, but you should know I don't usually adhere to instructions.."I replied...
"Let it be mother, she's not in a good mood..."Brother said...
"Tigard, you should be talking your sister out of this disgraceful act but rather you're supporting her.. she's a girl..." mom lamented...