12 | Haunted house

Just wanted to randomly add this^^
It's kinda true tho...
_________________________

An idea sparks into my mind and I smirk at Zach.

"I don't like that that look..." Zach says, looking at me cautiously.

"Says the person who seems to be smirking 24/7," I snort. "And I was thinking we could both could go to the new haunted house that opened up. My brother went with his friends and he said he almost died of a heart attack."

"H-haunted house?" he gulps and I chuckle at him.

"S-scared?" I mock and he folds his arms stubbornly.

"I could ask you the same thing." he raises his eyebrows at me.

"I'm not scared of a haunted house!" I say indignantly. I think back to the last time I went to one. It was two years ago with Cassie and Jordan. I almost died of a heart attack too but oh well, I'm older now right...? I smile at the memory when Jordan had been banging on the door to let us out while that creepy dude with the mask was following us and getting closer by the seconds.

"Well then hurry up c'mon, we only have an hour." he says.

***

Okay, so maybe I was wrong. I am scared of a haunted house. Last time I was literally squeezing the hell out of Cassie and Jordan and I haven't even been to this new one. Who knows what type of things they've set up inside.

"Aw someone looks scared." Zach mocks.

"Excuse me you're the one who told me you're scared of horror movies." I childishly stick my tongue out at him and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not, I was just joking."

"Sure." I drawl. We're currently standing in line. I had hoped there would be a train or something but it looks like we'll have to walk. Or run most probably...

When we reach the front of the line, I hear the man telling a woman that children aren't allowed and I audibly gulp.

"No ma'am, this child can't go in." At exactly that moment, three teenagers come running out, looking shaken and clutching their hearts. One of them turns to us with a panicked look on his face.

"Don't... go in... you'll surely die man... it was so creepy!" he says between breathes.

"You two, your turn, hurry!" The man says, gesturing to the door. I notice it's pitch dark inside and glance at Zach who's also staring at the door, wide eyed.

"Hurry up!" The man calls again and we both start walking towards the door. "Listen close. There's eight doors, illusions and much more. Get past the doors and you'll be out in no time."

"Don't scream too loud angel." Zach whispers and I freeze. He called me angel again oh my god. I glance at him to see he's smirking. Why isn't he afraid or whining like I thought he would? And why did he call me angel all of a sudden?!

"I don't scream." With a dramatic wave of my hand, I march to the door and the man ushers us inside. I don't even get a chance to turn around when the door is slammed shut and we're engulfed in utter pitch darkness. I can't help the scream that escapes my mouth and I turn around to take in my surroundings.

I squint and see that were in a square room with a door in the front. There's weird eerie dolls and all types of stuff in the corners and my heart feels like it's gonna explode.

"I don't scream." Zach imitates me and I grope in the darkness to punch him.

"Okay, I think we're supposed to go through that door." I whisper. My voice echoes and I feel Zach nod beside me. He opens the door and we enter a dimly lit room. There's another door at the end and this room is filled with strange real looking ghosts. Some of them are even making weird noises.  We hurry to the door but a hand comes flying out of nowhere in front of my face and I look to my side to see a figure in a hood moving slightly. I scream like a banshee again and clutch Zach's arms tightly as he kicks open the door and leads us to a hallway. This one is pitch dark and I look behind and my heart jumps to my throat when I see a tall thing with a bloody face and a knife raised standing there. It's red eyes are glowing and he slowly starts walking towards us, raising the knife.