Liam's long fingers brushed against mine as he handed me a glass of water. They felt so good on my skin. Would they feel equally amazing inside me?

"Well, the kitchen is yours. I'm going to sleep. Night, Sky." Liam gave me a small smile and disappeared through the doorway.

I noticed how careful he was not to touch me. There was no kiss, no sweetheart. Liam behaved as any other roommate would. Like a friend.

***

A light knock on my door woke me up the following morning.

"Come in," I said, sitting up in bed.

Liam walked in dressed for work. The freshly ironed button-down he wore hugged the muscles on his arms and torso. The color suited him, too, making his eyes even brighter.

"Good morning, Sky," said Liam. "I'm sorry for waking you up. I'm going to work, and I wanted to talk to you about Tim."

"Okay." I nodded, disappointed that he didn't want to talk about what happened between us.

"Right, so I'm going to work as I said. Tim has to stay at home today. I will ask Jeff to stop by later and babysit him until I get home."

"Why? What about me?"

Liam looked at his feet. "It's not your problem. You don't have to alter your plans because of my brother."

"I don't have any plans. I was going to stay at home doing nothing. Besides, Tim and I get along well."

"He has to take some medicines—"

"Tell me which, and that's it."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

Liam nodded. "Thank you. I'll leave a note with everything. Go back to sleep; it's early."

Taking a lungful of air, I said, "Liam, about yesterday—"

"Sky, it's okay. It shouldn't have happened. I have to run now. Call me if there's a problem with my brother."

"Will do." I groaned, falling back onto the mattress as soon as Liam closed my bedroom door behind him.

Contrary to what I'd hoped for, I couldn't sleep. Half an hour later, I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

Pancakes seemed the most appealing option, seeing that it was pouring with rain outside, and I was going to spend the day with a kid. If I bribed Tim with food, he might not notice how inexperienced I was when it came to dealing with children his age.

A pair of small arms hugged me from behind when the stack of pancakes on the plate was high enough to feed both of us.

"Hey." I smiled at the boy who was looking up at me with a grin on his cute face.

"Good morning, Sky. How are you?"

"Good. What about you?"

Tim shrugged. "Peachy. My throat is sore, but don't tell Liam."

I chuckled. "Don't tell Liam why?"

Tim rolled his eyes, flopping down on a chair. "Liam worries. He always worries. I told him I was fine, and he was worried anyway."

"That's because he loves you," I said. "When you love someone, you worry."

Tim put his small finger under his chin. "Does that mean that Liam loves you, too?"

I coughed, making the boy jump off his chair and pat me on the back.  "Liam said he was worried about you, and he wanted me to behave well."

"That's different, Timmy." I ruffled his hair. "Liam didn't mean it like that."