6.

Shumizen Academy30th May, the day before Interhigh-Preliminaries

Shumizen Academy
30th May, the day before Interhigh-Preliminaries

«I can spike it even faster!»

Ana turn her head to me «Really?»

I nod «Try»

We are currently practicing in a two versus two match. Me and Ana against Hoshino and Ishikawa. Practice this type of match help us to remember that we have to try and cover all the court in every moment and always call the ball. This is the last of the day and we need just one point to win.

When Ishikawa spike the ball I received it pretty well and send it to Ana. In a blink of an eye I take a run-up and jump as high as I can. Ana toss is so quick that our rivals don't even see the ball until it smack in their court.

There's a moment of silence.

«What the actual fuck was that?!»

«Watch your damn language!» Sanada, the mom of the group, trow a ball on Mina's back.

Mina falls «You speak!» she says, still on the ground.

Risa and Akira are looking at me «That was incredible!»

I give a high-five to my amazing setter, a little bit shocked about what we just did.

«If that wasn't a lucky one» my mom starts, coming towards us «it could be a powerful arm»

I look at my hands and then at Mina. She nods and smiles at me: she already knows what I'm thinking.

«Let's do it»

Everyone cheer us, happy to have another arm by our side. Yes, it's a risky one and we just did it but I think we can do it if we keep trying.

«For this preliminaries prove it one maybe two times, we don't really need it now» mom says, start passing us mop and the balls chest «but it has to be perfect for the October Qualifications, understand?»

We nod and begin to clean the gym.

From tomorrow we will play against pretty great schools. In this three day we will have two match at day and then four schools will be selected for the October Qualifications. After that only two Tokyo's teams will partecipate in the National Tournament.

«I'm very exiting!»

The first year are squealing happily, ready to take part in their first official match. For me this will be the last one and I want to give my 120%. I don't want regret and I also want to take my girls to the top once again.

«You're doing some sad thought, am I right?» Mina kicked my butt, make me jump.

I hit her with the wet mop «Shut up!»

She's now wet from sweat and dirty water. I already want to turn back time and stop me from doing such thing.

«Mina I am so...» and then cold water hits me. And then it's war. Everyone is trowing water at each other, there are flying mop and Risa is yelling at us to stop. Well, that's until some water end on her hair.