Chapter 21

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
Jinheung let us sleep inside the Palace. He provided us rooms each one of us. But I can't sleep, not because it's uncomfortable. I have many thoughts in my mind on how I will kill Prince Chang.

"Can't sleep?" a familiar voice blend in my thoughts. I turn around and saw Jinheung. "It's 2 am in the morning." he continued and stands beside me.

"Why can't you sleep?" he asked. "I don't know. Many random thoughts in my mind." i answered. "How about you? Why can't you sleep?"

"You want me to be honest?" he asked.

"Why are you going to lie?" i raise my left eyebrow.

"N-no, I can't sleep because.. you're not beside me." he avoid eye contact.

I sat on the grass and rest my back on the tree. "Come, rest on my lap." i tap my lap. He rest his head on my lap and close his eyes. "I will just take a nap." I nodded and caressing his hair.

After 20 mins, I woke Jinheung. "Jinheung, we need to get ready now. Master Wihwa has also selected Hwarangs who will join us." He got up and nodded.

I followed Jinheung outside the Palace and saw the soldiers lining up. I notice Jihun was one of them. I widen my eyed and approach him, "You're joining?!" i raised my voice. "You're coming so I joined. I want to help too."

I tap his head, "We'll do our best." He smiled and walk to together with the soldiers. I mount up on my horse together with the boys.

We ride outside the capital and finally arrived.

"We're early." Jinheung said. After a few seconds of silence I heard arrows coming at us, "DUCK!" i shouted and they duck.

The Baekje soldiers attacks and we drawn our swords. While fighting the opponent, I notice that the Crown Prince wasn't with them. As I was lost on my thoughts, "WATCH OUT!" I turn to my back and Jinheung defend me.

"Are you going mad?!" he scolded me while we're fighting them. "The Prince.. Isn't with them." Jinheung stab the guard and look around. "Where could he be?" he muttered.

We got many wounds but it's not that serious. While fighting the Crown Prince showed up.

"STOP." he shouted as their guards walk to the Prince.

We catch our breath as we notice he brought more soldiers. I look at Jinheung worriedly.

"Woah woah, calm down." Prince Chang laughed. "I smell defeat on your side King Jinheung." he smirks.

"How many soldiers you have? All I know is I have more." he smiled evilly. "Shut your mouth and let's fight." Jinheung talked back.

"Really? So that I can take your Silla?" he smirked. He's smile disappeared, "I have a deal." Jinheung glared at him. "The Queen of Goguryeo sent me a letter."

I widen my eyes and grip on my pants. "The Princess is here with you. Bring her to me and let's end this war between our Kingdom."

"Are you kidding? There's no Princess of Goguryeo in our capital" Jinheung talk back. "Don't make me a fool, Your Highness." Prince Chang glared at him.

"Will you bring me the Princess? Or I will kill this Princess from the West?" his guards dragged Chaewon with cloth covered on her mouth. Chaewon met my eyes with full of tears.

Tears was form in my eyes as I watch her being dragged.

"Don't let the Princess get involve with this. Let go of her!" Jinheung shouted. Sooho stared at me with full of fears in his eyes. All I can see is Chaewon. I have to save her but in what way? I grab on my chest and massaging it. "Calm calm" i muttered.

"Where's the Princess? I will let go of this one if the Princess will show up." he glared at Jiheung. "I told you there's no Princess in our capital!" Jinheung shouted. I took a glance at Chaewon and she shook her head. I'm sorry but I need to save you.

"I AM!"

Everyone was staring at me. Sooho was shaking uncontrollably. Chaewon was shouting underneath the cloth. I close my eyes and took a deep inhale. "I am the Princess in Goguryeo, Seoi."

"What the hell are you doing?!" Jinheung shouted at me. I look at him in the eyes and turn to the Crown Prince.

"How will I know that you're not lying?" he asked. "You ask for it and reveal myself. If you don't want to believe me, why bother asking?"

He smirks, "The rumours were true, the Princess was bold." he laughed. "Come my soon to be wife." he offered his hand.

I smirk, "Who said I will marry you?"

He frown his eyes, "I don't want no marriage. Now that I showed up, free Princess Chaewon."

"Yes you showed up, now look at your friends. Shock aren't they?" he laugh. I turn to them with an apologetic face. I saw Jinheung staring at me with his cold gaze.

"If you don't want to marry me, I will kill everyone in Silla. I won't leave single one of them." he threatened.

"I don't want marriage, but let's fight. One on one."

"Yen?! Are you crazy?!" Sunwoo shouted. I turn to him, "I'm sorry I lied, I will be fine." i respond. "Jinheung won't you stop her?" Yeowool asked worriedly. Jinheung look away, "Let her be."

I was hurt with his words. I nodded and turn to Prince Chang, "Let's start."

"Are you really sure, Princess? I am still showing you mercy."

"Stop being a coward." i spit. He glared at me, "Okay, let's do this."

I position myself and took a glance on Chaewon, 'I will save you.'

I shouted and attack him. He manage to dodge my attacks as he pushed me down. I grab my sword and get up. "You're a tiny useless Princess, remember that." he told me.

"Stop chitchatting." i attack as he slice my right arm. "YEN!!" Sooho shouted. I hold my wounded arm ang manage to get up again. He's fast, i realized he was playing at me. He played till i will get tired and give up. If he is fast, i will be faster than him.

I moved and sliced his abdomen. He shouted and turn to me. "Die." i said to him. I ran to him and sliced his both arms. "ARGH!" he endured the pain while laying down. I throw my sword and got on top of him.

I punch his face, "Die you piece of trash!" I punch until his nose bleed and having many bruise on his face. "This punch, will be for my father!" I shouted and punch him harder.

I got up leaving him half conscious, "I don't need any garbage word from you. Accept defeat or I will kill you."

His guards help him got up, and he nodded in agreement defeat. I ran to Chaewon and untied her. She hugged me, "Seoi! I thought you're going to die." she cried.

I felt my heart aching and can't breathe properly. I grab my chest and massages it. "Seoi, w-what's the matter?"

"I.. can't.. breathe."

-----------------------------------------------
A/N: hello! HAHAHA a surprise update from author-nim. I just want to publish this right away cause it's too short for me hehehs. I will still update tomorrow afternoon maybe. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! thank you for reading❤️