Chapter 9

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
I quickly mount down to my horse and ran inside to my room. I open the letter and read it.

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘋𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳,

                 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘦𝘬𝘫𝘦'𝘴 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘐'𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.

                                       𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘏𝘺𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘰𝘯

As i read the letter, i crampled the paper and a tears was formed in my eyes. I clenched my unclenched hand 'Don't worry about me mother, I will revenge on what he did to my father. Not now but soon.' I thought to myself.

Hwaso open the door and I quickly wipe my tears and face her. "Yes?" I ask. "Sunwoo want to talk to you."

I got up and put the crampled paper in my bag. I got outside and saw Sunwoo. I walk towards him and hugged him. He gently pat my head. "How are you?" he asked. I broke the hug, "I'm doing fine now. Why do you want to talk to me?" i ask.

"We were discussing about forming another group of Hwarang. Master Wihwa already agreed that he'll be the teacher of the Hwarang," he look at me. "I want you to train the Hwarang."

I widened my eyes, "Me? I'm not even that good in sword fighting." I scratch the back of my head. "I saw you how you fight those men when we first met." he smiled at me. I look at him gave him a smile, "I will accept the offer, General." i respond.

"No not yet, Jinheung wasn't satisfied of us telling him that you're good at sword fighting. He challenge you."

"Oh His Highness challenge me." I said as I hold my chin. "I'm up for the challenge."

"That's great!" Sunwoo exclaimed. "I know you can do it."

"When is the 'challenge'?" I asked sarcastically. He chuckled, "Are you free tomorrow afternoon?".

"Sure!" i exclaimed. "Thank you for believing in me, orabeoni." i continued "O-orabeoni?" he ask. "Is it okay to call you orabeoni?" I ask. "Of course," he ruffles my hair.

I saw Ahro eonni smiling at us. "Wah, this cute little girl." she stated. "You two can be a great brother and sister." she continued. We just chuckled.

'This is the beginning. I will grow much in Hwarang, and I will bring justice to my father.' I thought.

𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺
I am now getting ready for my challenge with the King. I brought my sword and goes outside. I am wearing a boy clothes that I borrowed on orabeoni but Ahro eonni adjusted because of my small body.

I tie my hair ponytail and mount up to my horse. "Goodluck, your majesty." Hwaso whispered. I nodded and ride to the Palace.

𝘗𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦
I opened the door with my mask on. I bowed at Jinheung. I removed my mask, "I am here for you have challenge me in a sword fight, Your Highness." I smiled purely to him. Sunwoo orabeoni was looking at me and smiled proudly.

Jinheung stands up and bring his sword. We are looking each other, I walk backwards to see his face. "I won't go easy, Yen." he smirked. "I am not expecting your mercy, Your Highness." i talk back. He sigh in disbelief and suck his cheeks. The boy's lips was formed 'o'. I smiled in my mind, God he's freaking handsome.