Seventeen

PRESENT TIME
HO CAVE
THIRD PERSON'S POV

"So you still don't care about anything, Mimi? You still don't have any regrets? You're glad that Bryce is dead and Monty got blamed?" Jeff asked Imogen who was internally freaking out and her hallucinations weren't making it any better.

"Please... leave me alone." She whispered.

"Last day of your life. No need to keep secrets. Not from us, I mean... we're your best friends. Are you sorry? Are you sorry for what you did?" Monty asked and Imogen slowly nodded her head.

"Yes... I am. I'm so sorry." Imogen whispered. The brokenness was clear in her voice.

"Wow," Monty said as he laughed a little.

"You know, I didn't think she'd actually admit it," Jeff said.

"We got through to her," Monty said while nodding his head.

"It's too bad you won't live, but then again, who does?" Jeff asked and then Monty started laughing which made Jeff start laughing with him.

"Blade Runner. Nice." Monty commented.

"Well, we only know it because she does... and she probably only knows it because of Clay," Jeff commented and Monty nodded his head. Imogen lifted her head as her tears subsided. She looked to her left where Jeff was smiling, and then she looked to her right where Monty was also smiling, and then she looked straight ahead.

"Am I going crazy?" She asked. Both boys started to laugh.

"That's kind of asked and answered, isn't it? I mean, you're hallucinating your two dead best friends." Jeff said and Imogen shook her head while Monty looked at her.

"I think Clay is starting to rub off on you,"

When there was a very real bang on the window, the hallucinations of Monty and Jeff disappeared from Imogen and she jumped as she looked up at the window that was slightly cracked. She saw a hand, and had no idea who it was. "Shit... fuck..." She whispered to herself. She had herself cornered and there was nowhere to go, but she knew she couldn't sit there and just let herself get shot.

Justin continued to try and get the window open, Imogen grabbed a spray can and she pushed through the gate as Justin was climbing in the window, but she couldn't see that it was Justin. She also had a stapler in her hands and as Justin got through the window, she threw it at him and hit him on his head. And then she threw the spray can bottle as she continued to back away.

"Ow! Hey, hold on! No gun, no gun!" Justin shouted as he took his hood off. He was holding his head where the stapler hit him as he looked up at Imogen and even though she was pissed that he scared her like that, she was also relieved that she wasn't alone anymore.

"What the actual fuck, Justin!?" She snapped at him.

"Hey..."

HO CAVE
IMOGEN'S POV

"Mimi... that was a fucking stapler," Justin said. We were both sitting on the ground and he had gotten some cloth to clean his blood with. I opened my eyes and looked over at Justin and shrugged my shoulders.

"If I had a gun, I would've fucking shot you," I said to him before I looked back up at the ceiling. Am I going crazy? For the majority of this, I hallucinated my two dead best friends and that was not fun at all.