~Chapter 7~

"Do you need anything?" Raph asked as Leo climbed into his own bed, looking up at the redhead with puffy red eyes.

"Could you...do you mind staying with me?" Leo spoke timidly. He didn't want to sleep alone, even though Derek wasn't around. He just didn't want to be alone, and he felt safe around Raph.

Raph smiled softly and nodded. "Of course, if that's what you want" he took off his leather jacket and shoes, setting them neatly aside before he climbed into bed next to Leo with a small blush dusting across his cheeks. 

Leo smiled softly and shimmied closer to Raph, snuggling into him. His smile widened as he felt the heat radiating from him, he wanted to cherish this moment for as long as he could, but sleep was calling to him. Leo yawned softly as he nuzzled his face into Raph's chest. "Thank you, Raph...for everything" he mumbled softly, his eyes fluttering close. 

The blush on Raph's cheeks darkened as the smaller boy cuddled up to him, but he certainly wasn't about to complain. He smiled and gently wrapped his arms around him, holding him close in a comforting and protective manner. He looked down at Leo as he nuzzled into his chest, his smile widening. "Anything for you, Leo" he spoke softly, gently rubbing circles into his back, soothing the boy off to sleep. He gazed down at Leo as he slept, unable to help himself from running his fingers through his soft raven hair. He wished he could hold him like this all the time, he wanted to become Leo's everything, but his life was much too complicated and messed up for the boy to be involved with. Yet, Raph didn't know how much longer he could hold these overwhelming feelings back for him, and that's what scared him the most...

The next morning Leo woke up with a raging headache, causing a soft groan to leave his lips. He rubbed his right eye tiredly before opening both of his eyes, not expecting to come face to face with a black shirt until he suddenly remembered what had happened last night and frowned as a shiver ran down his spine. He couldn't believe that almost happened to him again, but thankfully Raph came to his rescue. Leo looked up and blushed darkly seeing those sparkling emerald green eyes gazing down at him.

"Morning" Raph's voice was a little raspy from just having woken up. 

Leo felt a slight shiver run down his spine due to the raspiness of Raph's voice, it was so hot. Not now Leo, he mentally scolded himself yet smiled shyly up at the redhead. "G-Good Morning, have you been up long?" 

Raph shook his head a little. "Nah, about five minutes or so." 

Leo raised his eyebrow a little. "Why didn't you get up then?" 

"Well, you looked to comfortable, and I didn't want to wake you up, plus I was pretty comfortable myself with you sleeping on me" He smirked playfully and winked down at him.

Leo's cheeks bloomed bright red from Raph's words and actions. Ugh, he was really making it hard for Leo to not fall for him deeper. "S-Shut up, you big idiot" he couldn't hold back his giggle as he lightly hit Raph's clothed chest.

A loud laugh erupted from Raph, finding Leo's reaction absolutely adorable. He wished he could be the only one to make Leo like this. "Idiot? Maybe, but big, absolutely" his smirk returned, further teasing the boy. He also wanted to take his mind off of last nights events.

Leo's eyes widened as his entire face heated up intensely. Raph's awfully flirty today, not that he was complaining. "Jesus, I think you need to get laid Raph, that or you're just really full of yourself" he giggled as he sat up, stretching himself out with a soft groan.

Now it was Raph's turn to blush from Leo's words, maybe he did, or perhaps he just needed Leo. He composed himself before chuckling and sitting up also. "Full of myself, huh? Nah I just know I'm that amazing" he laughed softly before getting up and going over to the bag he had brought to Leo's yesterday before the party since he knew that he would've been staying in Leo's afterwards anyway. Yet, he didn't think he'd be sleeping in the same bed as him, not that he was protesting anything about that.

Leo giggled softly and rolled his eyes playfully. "Whatever you say, Raphie" he grabbed his phone from the bedside table, looking at the time. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed, springing out of his bed as he opened his closet, searching for something to wear.

Raph raised an eyebrow curiously as he looked over at Leo. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm supposed to be at the dojo in an hour, I totally forgot!" He exclaimed, picking out a pair of grey sweatpants, a plain t-shirt and a hoodie.

"Oh, well, do you mind if I come along? I mean we did make that deal after all."

Leo stopped and looked over at Raph with a soft smile and nodded. "Of course, so hurry up and get ready slowpoke" he teased.

Raph chuckled with a slight smirk, taking himself and his bag out of Leo's room and into the bathroom to get ready.

Once they were both ready and had a quick breakfast, they headed to the dojo on Raph's motorcycle.

"Phew, I'm not late thank god" Leo sighed in relief as he got off of the motorcycle, fixing the strap of his duffle bag on his shoulder.

Raph chuckled softly as he took off his helmet, putting it into the compartment on the back of the motorcycle before getting off. "You really think I'd let you be late?" He smirked with a raised brow.

"Well, considering how you're almost always late to class, yes" Leo laughed softly with a small smirk.

Raph rolled his eyes playfully and chuckled, gently nudging the smaller boy. "Alright, you got me there."

Leo smiled proudly at himself as he walked inside with Raph, seeing most of the class was already there. He spotted his friend sitting alone and smiled, walking over to him. "Hey, Donnie!"
The brown haired looked up, pushing his glasses up as he smiled, seeing Leo walking towards him. "Hey, Leo!" He raised an eyebrow seeing the redhead walking with Leo towards him. "Who's that?"

"Oh Donnie, this is my friend from school Raphael, Raph this is my friend Donnie" He introduced the two with a warm smile.

Raph nodded faintly towards Donnie as his arms folded over his chest. "Hey"

Donnie gave a friendly smile and a slight nod. "Nice to meet you."

Leo unzipped his duffle bag taking out the book he had been reading a few days ago. "Here's your book back, by the way, thanks for letting me borrow it" he handed it to him then glanced around the dojo. "Mikey isn't here yet?"

"Thanks" Donnie took the book and put it into his own duffel bag, zipping it close as he chuckled standing up. "Of course not, typical Mikey always late."

"Leonardo, who do we have here?"

Leo spun around to face his sensei and bowed to him before speaking. "Sensei, this is Raphael. He wanted to learn a few things. Raph this is my sensei, Hamato Yoshi."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Raphael. I am glad you have decided to join us in training, I look forward to seeing you advance your skills."

"Uh thanks" Raph mumbled a little, feeling awkward due to how many new people he was meeting. He wasn't a people person.

Yoshi gave a faint nod before looking down at Leo. "I will be starting soon, you should change into your suit, Leonardo."

Leo gave a faint nod. "Yes sensei" he gave a small bow before motioning for Raph to follow him into the changing rooms, walking into one of the stalls and locking it behind him as he got ready.

"So, you excited?" He asked Raph from inside the stall.

Raph raised his head, hearing Leo's voice and shrugged a bit. "Yeah, I know nothing though. I'm gonna look like an idiot out there."

Leo chuckled softly, unlocking the door and walked out in his suit with his belt wrapped around his waist, it was brown with a black stripe in the middle. He was one belt away from being a junior black belt, he was the highest-ranking student in the dojo. "You won't look like an idiot, Raph. We all have to start somewhere, right? And besides, I'll be here to help you" he smiled warmly, patting his shoulder comfortingly.

Raph bit his lip as his eyes looked Leo up and down in his suit. "Heh, you look cute in your suit" the words left his mouth before he could stop himself, causing a dark blush to rise to his cheeks.
Leo's eyes widened faintly as his cheeks burned bright red from the sudden compliment. "T-Thanks" he rubbed his own arm with a shy smile, did Raph really mean that or was he messing with him? He opened his mouth to speak again but was interrupted by the changing room door bursting open.

"Oh, hey, Leo!" Mikey's loud and cheerful voice filled the room as he panted heavily from the running he had to do to get here on time.

Leo quickly composed himself as he looked at the blonde with a soft smile. "Hey Mikey, sleep in again?"

Mikey chuckled sheepishly and nodded. "Yeah, I really need a better alarm. Well, I better hurry before sensei makes me do laps again" he groaned overdramatically before entering one of the stalls.

Leo giggled softly then motioned for Raph to follow him out.

"Is he always that loud?" Raph asked as they walked out, glancing behind him.

"Yeah, but you get used to it after a while" Leo shrugged a bit.

Soon the lesson had begun, everyone started off by stretching and some cardio to warm themselves up.

"Leonardo, seeing as you are almost on your first black belt. I want you to teach Raphael his kata instead of me" Yoshi spoke, confident that his best student could handle such an easy task.

Leo gave a faint nod. "Of course, Sensei" he then turned to Raph and took him off to the other side of the room to teach him his kata. "Okay, it's quite simple you just need to remember all of the moves. So I'll show it to you then we'll both do it step-by-step, okay?"

Raph raised an eyebrow and nodded a little. "Yeah, sure" Leo seemed different, more confident and sure of himself. He watched Leo perform the kata intently with a small smile on his face. 

"Alright, now let's go through it together" Leo went through it step-by-step with him, smiling at the fast progress Raph was making. "Great! Let's do it again a little faster."

Raph nodded and did the kata again with Leo a little faster this time, he was a fast learner, so this wasn't really too difficult for him.

After ten minutes, Raph had got the kata down, being able to go through it on his own. "Wow, I'm impressed. You'll get your white belt in no time" Leo smiled softly, patting his shoulder encouragingly.

Raph chuckled a bit with a soft smile. "Awesome, I'll be a black belt in no time" he teased with a smirk, winking down at the raven-haired boy. 

Leo rolled his eyes playfully with a soft giggle. "Getting cocky again, I see."

"How are things over here?" Yoshi's voice suddenly interrupted the two as he towered above both boys.

Leo looked up at his sensei with a smile. "Pretty good, I think he's got the kata down pretty well." Yoshi raised an eyebrow curiously as he glanced between them both. "Interesting. Do you mind demonstrating it for me, Raphael?" 

Raph gave a faint nod. "Sure" he stood in position and performed the kata for Yoshi.

Yoshi stroked his beard with a small smile. "Impressive, Raphael. I would say you could have your white belt this time next week."

A wide smile spread across Raph's face hearing him say that. "Awesome!"

Yoshi gave a soft chuckle at that, then turned his attention to Leo. "Have you been practising your kata, Leonardo?"

"Yes, sensei. I think I have got it done right" Leo answered confidently, which surprised Raph.

"Very good, let me see it."

Leo gave a small bow before he walked a few meters away, performing his complex kata, perfectly.

Raph's eyes were wide with amazement as he watched Leo, extremely impressed with how he moved and didn't mess up one single move. 

Yoshi smiled softly once Leo had completed his kata. "Excellent, Leonardo. I am very impressed with that performance. Next week you will be observed by myself and a few other sensei's to determine if you can progress onto your black belt."

Leo grinned widely with excitement and bowed. "Thank you, sensei. I won't let you down."

Yoshi chuckled softly and patted Leo's shoulder softly. "You never have, my boy" he then turned to face the rest of the class. "Sparring will now begin, everyone take a seat outside of the mats." Leo gestured for Raph to walk over to a bench with him, sitting down together as they waited for further instructions from their sensei.

Raph gently nudged Leo's side, making the raven-haired boy look up at him. "You looked so awesome doing your kata."

A blush rose to Leo's cheeks as he smiled thankfully at Raph. "Thanks, I've been prancing it for a few weeks now and finally got it down."

"Donatello, Leonardo..you two will be the first to spar, and you can use your weapons." Yoshi spoke as he stepped off of the mats and gestured to the weapons wall, of course, none of the weapons was real metal they were all wooden but getting hit by one would still hurt a lot and most definitely cause bruising.

"Beat his ass" Raph spoke with a smirk.

Leo giggled softly as he stood up. "Don't worry, I will" he smirked and winked at him before walking over to the weapons wall, taking the wooden katanas then walked to the centre of the mats where Donnie was standing with his bo-staff.

They both waited for their sensei's word before starting, as soon as Yoshi told them to begin Donnie made the first move, aiming to strike Leo's side with his bo, Leo quickly deflected the blow with his katana, kicking Donnie on his chest to back him up.

Donnie stumbled back a little with a soft groan, he composed himself and twirled his bo in his hands not about to give up so easily.

In the end, Leo came out on top, of course. Leo hasn't lost one sparring match against anyone in the class and didn't plan to either.

"Well done, Leonardo. You also did very well Donatello..." Yoshi started giving some advance to Donnie on his technique as Leo walked back over to Raph, sitting down next to him.

"Damn, you looked amazing out there, Leo" Raph spoke with a broad smile and pure awe in his eyes.

A blush rose to Leo's cheeks as he smiled softly. "Thanks, Raph"

After a few more sparring matches, the class had finally ended, and everyone got changed back into their regular clothing before leaving the dojo.

"So, we still have the rest of the afternoon free, what do you want to do now?" Leo asked, looking up at the redhead as they walked towards his motorcycle.

Raph thought for a few moments. "Well, it's a nice enough day. Why don't we go surfing?" He suggested.

A wide grin spread across Leo's face as he nodded excitedly. "Yes! Let's go surfing!"

Raph chuckled softly at the smaller boys' enthusiasm. "Cool, we'll need to go to my place to get my surfboards and swim shorts first" he put on his helmet and started up his motorcycle, the engine roaring loudly.

Leo smiled softly and nodded as he climbed on behind Raph, wrapping his arms around his waist. "Then let's go" 

Raph smirked a little before heading off to his place, excited to be able to teach Leo how to surf, something he was a master at. His thoughts drifted off the raven-haired boy, his heart fluttering as a smile spread across his face. 

Maybe he should just put his own happiness first for once and ask Leo out...

Word Count: 2,761