46 : Promises of War

Start from the beginning

Kyojuro heard a small voice in the back of his mind. He knew Tanjiro wasn't dead. He had a promise to fulfill, a promise to his sister. A promise to end Muzan. To find a cure and turn Nezuko into a human. Kyojuro knew he wouldn't give up so easily. He was much like (Y/N) in that way... maybe that's what compelled him to take him in as his Tsuguko.

Tanjiro was so much like her. He could cheer him up, even when (Y/N) wasn't there, Kyojuro had Tanjiro who helped deal with the unrelenting pain of losing his universe.

Kyojuro turned his attention back to Muzan and continued the fight, helping to protect the reckless Sabito who would attack relentlessly and without thought. All that filled the young man's thoughts were anger about what the demons did to his family, to (Y/N), and now to his friends right now.

Zero regard for his own life, none at all. He just wanted Muzan to drop dead right then.

An opinion no one could argue against. Everyone hated him for what he's done and caused. How many families has he ruined? How many people have died because of him? If he continues living... how many more will lose their lives?

That's why this had to be the final fight against the demons. Muzan had to die come morning. They would never get a chance like this again. Not in a million years... and if they lose... Muzan will target the Kamado and (L/N) families in future generations...

It had to be the end of the demon race, and the end of the war that's been going on for centuries. It had to be the end of the corps, or no one would have the moral to keep fighting. If they lose, it would be letting Kagaya's sacrifice go to waste. To honor their former leader, and their dead comrades, they had to win, it was no longer an option.

No matter what, they had to win.

Kyojuro felt like crap, the sharp Muzan weapon slicing his cheek due to Kyojuro's slowing pace. It didn't stop him from rushing in right behind Sabito though.

What stopped everyone was (Y/N), who had climbed the rubble and now stood above everyone with a confused expression. "You guys are getting slow." Her plain tone irritated Sanemi who shouted nothing but cuss words back at her.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing here, it's dangerous and you're already so injured-!"

Kyojuro watched her make her way off of the pile of rubble, picking up a sword one of the dead demon slayers dropped and completely ignoring everyone. Testing how the sword felt, she swung it around in a circular motion before turning to face Muzan. "Well? Did you have fun, Muzan?"

A smile formed on his lips as he threw one of his sharp tentacle like weapon towards her waist where one of her wounds were still open only to be blocked by the fast swing of her make due sword. "I must say, the greatest part of the last few weeks was watching you scream in agony."

(Y/N) let her gaze fall to her hand that held the sword, debating on whether she really needed it or if she should throw it at him like she had the habit of doing to Akaza... "It was... a new experience, but that bear demon did more harm than your former Upper Moon One. But maybe that's because I was young and untrained."

"You're making yourself sound like a dog, (Y/N)."

She raised her eyes to meet Muzan's, the golden necklace dropping from her hand as she displayed it to the man. "Do you remember when you ripped this off my neck? If so, then you're lucky. You'll know exactly why you see your end by my hand today."

"So she's upset about a necklace? Really?" Sanemi scoffed from the opposite side of Muzan.

"It's not just any necklace, Sanemi-san. It's the one Rengoku gave her." Shinobu pointed out to the clueless man. Giyuu and Sabito went in to attack once more only to witness Muzan fly towards (Y/N) at an incredible speed.

In slow motion, they watched her enter a fighting stance, her legs spread and feet planted firmly on the ground. Her sword still at her side while her other hand seemed to aim for the weapon she carried.

She ducked under his fast attack, jumping up and wrapping her wounded legs around his throat, pushing him towards the ground, harshly. Once he hit, she drove the sword into his neck, vertically.

"I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you to have so much strength left, (L/N)." Kyojuro stood there stunned while Gyomei held his weapon tighter, Obanai only thinking about Mitsuri who was taken out of the fight early.

She shrugged, "I wouldn't do anything reckless when I made a promise not to, so it was a given I could pin you down at least." She replied effortlessly, still holding the sword into his neck. "Hm... I wonder if I had my sword... what kind of pain I could inflict onto you... since it did quite a lot to Akaza. I would say it was effective." She looked at the sky.

"Caw! One hour and 12 minutes until sunrise! Caw!" She heard while she looked around for the crow that had called it out.

"You're a fascinating Guinea pig, (L/N). It's not to late to become a demon. You could become a perfect being, doesn't that sound great?"

(Y/N) cocked a brow at him, "No? Are you delusional? Here, I'll let you in on a little secret..." she whispered, inhaling deeply before continuing. "NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU ASK, NO MATTER WHAT THE HELL YOU PUT ME THROUGH, IM NOT GOING TO BE SUBJECTED TO AN ETERNITY WITH YOUR DUMBASS. GO SHOVE THE TITLE OF DEMON UP YOUR STUPID WORTHLESS ASS!" She shouted, hoping to finally get her point across.

(Y/N) sighed deeply before Muzan threw her off of him finally, starting the fight up again. The sword flung from her hand as she landed near Tanjiro.

It was sudden, her lungs refusing air.

The next thing she knew, Kyojuro was by her side, his cheek swelled and bleeding still. "Are you alright, (Y/N)??" He asked, checking to see if any of her wounds had worsened.

"D-don't leave me again... Kyojuro." She whispered, finally getting air in.

"Why did you come, I told you to be safe. That was the opposite of safe, Snowball..."

She smiled and pulled something from her pocket. "I had to get in close, or... I wouldn't have been able to be useful."

A/N: Oki doki then~ well, do you guys want a chapter on (Y/N)'s back story? Like one of those flash back things lol, cause I know what I want to do for it just don't know if I wanna write it if y'all aren't interested in it 🤣😅

Also, I got bored and decided to release this early 😶😅🤣🤣

Hope you enjoyed, lovely readers!~