The Incident

Izuku's POV

   Today was the first day of our training. Eri seemed very enthusiastic about it but once the actual training started, she seemed to get very tired. The kitsunes seemed to get tired as well. Mr. Aizawa was pretty serious about this training I guess.

   The training mostly consisted of Eri's quirk being used on plants and Mr. Aizawa made her use it on me once. It hurt like heck so Mr. Aizawa forbid Eri from using her quirk on other people for now. Until she could control her quirk better.  

   The kitsunes were also training me during that time when we were not needed for Eri's training. Apparently, the quirks that I have lost aren't really gone. It's just that I don't know how to use it properly and probably just got buried by my other powers. I could use the crystal quirk and the nature quirk if I trained it properly. That's what they said...

   I sighed as I massaged my shoulders. It was break time, currently, but soon, I'll have to go back to training.

   "Nii-chan! Mr. Aizawa was calling for you. He said that you're going on an emergency patrol!" Eri said, running towards me. "He told me to tell you to meet him at the entrance of the school!"

   "Oh, okay. Thank you for telling me, Eri." I smiled, patting her head before standing up. "I'll be right back, okay?"

   "Okay! I'll be waiting!" Eri smiled back as I left the gym. I gave her one last wave as I closed the door.

   I smiled to myself as I remembered how happy Eri looked these days. She's finally healing from her past scars and starting to open up with others. She's no longer scared to express her feelings and seeing her get better, somehow makes me feel better. 

   Perhaps, I'm just seeing my younger self in Eri. A boy who got hurt for being quirkless and a girl who was used for her quirk. Our pasts may have been different in several ways but the fact that we both were suffering just makes me feel a bit closer to Eri. I just want to give her a happier life, a brighter future than the ones I had. 

   I sighed as I arrived at the entrance to UA. I saw Mr. Aizawa and three of the kitsunes there. Mr. Aizawa seemed to be very impatient and the three kitsunes, Akari, Ikari, and Takako looked very nervous and concerned.

   "Hey, is anything wrong?" I asked. 

   "There's no time for a full explanation right now." Mr. Aizawa said. "We'll explain you the details later but there was a sudden villain attack at the main square. Six of the kitsunes have been injured while protecting the citizens and the rest, excluding the ones here, are helping somewhere else."

   "Where exactly?" I asked. "And how did six of them get hurt? They're undeniably strong!"

   "Kaede, Mori, Chieko, and Masako went over to help the other pro heroes since there was a fire at one of the middle schools." Akari replied as we were quickly led out of the UA campus by Mr. Aizawa. "The other six...They're at the hospital currently but they are said to be affected with some kind of magic...Not a quirk but some weird power."

   "Eh?! How is that possible? Magic?" I asked, following besides them. "Are you sure it's not a quirk?"

   "Yes, several doctors confirmed the claim. The effect on their health system is agreed to have been caused by an unknown force." Mr. Aizawa replied. "Then that means my quirk won't work on it but that unknown force doesn't seem like they'll stop. We're currently focusing on keeping the citizens away from the area but we have to find a way to at least restrain that person fast."

   I nodded, trying to process the information that Mr. Aizawa had told me. The idea that the kitsunes got injured was very...foreign to me. Nobody would be able to deny that the kitsunes were incredibly strong. Especially since they know how to use their powers effectively and have not lost a single battle I've seen, everything that they were telling me sounded like lies.

   But the expressions on Akari, Ikari, and Takako's face was all that I needed to see that confirmed that everything right now what indeed true. That everything that was happening right now was not a prank or a dream, but in fact a reality.

   I bit my lips. My head was spinning and my breath hitched. My heart was pounding and many emotions flooded me. First, disbelief. Then, bewilderment. And then, concern, fear, sorrow, and finally anger. 

   Everything felt so frustrating. The fact that I, again, couldn't do anything to protect the ones I loved, that the kitsunes might die as well, and that I will be thrown away after I prove as a disappointment. That I, again, might end up alone.

   When I came back to reality, we were already at the main square of the city. There was a large crack in the ground and many people were injured. Blood was everywhere and screams sounded from every corner. There were fire and smoke in the air but the person who caused all of this was no where to be found.

   We were told to get everyone to safety and after around 30 minutes, the firefighters came to help. The four kitsunes, that were helping with a fire at a middle school, came to help as well. Thankfully, the fire wasn't that big and there weren't many citizens we had to help. 

   Just as the situation started to cease, I saw a shadow moving amongst the people. It was incredibly fast and it moved into a dark alleyway. I narrowed my eyes to get a better glimpse at the person but I was surprised to see Akari. He looked at me and we made eye contact.

   He simply motioned for me to follow him, and entered the alleyway.

   "H-Hey! Wait!" I said, following him as he quickly strode further into the alleyway. "What's all this about Akari? Why are you acting so suspicious all of a sudden?"

   Akari simply laughed at my question and stood still. His white hair suddenly turned black, and blue flames started to surround him as his clothes changed as well. He was now wearing a black kimono.

   "Child, how naïve you are...It's honestly very entertaining to see you struggle through your life without knowing anything." Akari...No, the unknown male chuckled.

   The man turned towards me and I flinched. His eyes glowed a crimson red, and his skin was extremely pale. Everything about him was just so...terrifying. Not to mention the suffocating aura that surrounded him. 

   "W-Who are you?" I managed to choke out.

   "Who am I?" A sly smile crept onto his face. "How interesting...Seems like Akari didn't tell you."

   I frowned when he mentioned Akari's name. The man stepped closer to me and I stepped back.

   "I'm the Keeper...And I'm here to tell you the truth."