Unexpected Visitor

Third Person POV

It is now Leo's fourth birthday and y/n has excitedly planned every second of the day out perfectly. She's missed the last three and doesn't plan on ever missing another.

"Babe are you okay?" Mattia says, watching as his wife paces as she remembers she forgot to order a cake.

"No! I knew I forgot something! God I'm such a terrible mom! I've missed every single one of his birthdays and the one I don't, I forget the fucking cake!" The brunette says, her voice cracking as she holds back her tears. Roshaun and the boys all walk in with a box and look at Mattia trying to comfort the girl.

"Babes? What's wrong?" The Jamaican asks, setting the box on the island.

"I forgot the cake. God! I'm so bad at this!" The girl yells. Roshaun hugs her and takes her over to the island.

"You put me in charge of that, remember?" He says, lifting the top of the box. The girl stares at the cake and sighs, putting the palms of her hands on her temples and looking up at the ceiling.

"You need to relax. You're freaking yourself out." Kai says. Y/n sits on the couch and puts her face in her hands, sobbing quietly.

"I missed all of them! I need this one to be perfect." She whispers, hoping no one would hear.

"But that wasn't your fault. You couldn't be there." Ale says. She looks up at them, studying their worried expressions.

"I-I know. It just hurts knowing that I missed his first steps, his first words, his first everything. I loved those moments with Brynnlee and I will never get those with Leo because I wasn't there." She says, staring at her fingers. This was the first time in a year that she had opened up to any of the boys. She had plastered a smile on her face and pretended that she wasn't hurt, but she was. No matter how hard she tried to deny it, she hurt.

"Babe, I know it will never be the same as being there for real, but I took videos of each of those moments." The Italian says. She looks at him and shakes her head.

"I know and I've watched them multiple times within the past year, but you had to do everything alone. You had to deal with the restless nights, the stressful days. We were supposed to be a team, work together on those things, but I wasn't there when you needed me. When anyone needed me." The girl says, trailing off. She stares at the doorway confused.

"Hello princess." The tall man says. She clenches her jaw and stands up.

"Get out." She says. The man doesn't move.

"I'm here to meet my son-in-law and grandkids.

"YOU HAD FIVE YEARS TO MEET ALL OF THEM, BUT YOU WEREN'T THERE! YOU LEFT ME ALONE WHEN I NEEDED YOU THE MOST! WHAT HAPPENED TO 'I'LL LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU FOREVER PRINCESS.' YOU ABANDONED ME AND YOU THINK I'M GOING TO ALLOW YOU IN THE LIVES OF MY FAMILY? YOU'RE DELUSIONAL. GET OUT!" The girl screams, pointing towards her father's car. The man sighs and tries to walk past her. She steps in front of him and glares.

"Get out. You will never be welcome here. You had your chance to make things right, but in the end you chose your slut of a girlfriend over me. I hope that your new 'princess' isn't such a disappointment." Y/n says, shoving the man out the door and slamming it in his face. She stands there for a second, staring at the door.

"Y/n?" Alvaro says. She doesn't answer.

"Baby?" Mattia says, worriedly. She turns and sighs.

"Let's celebrate. I don't want to deal with my problems at the moment." She says, walking out to the backyard. The boys grab the cake and follow her.

"Momma!" Leo yells, running over from his grandmother to the brunette.

"Happy birthday baby!" Y/n says, picking the small boy up. The boys stare at the girl and her son, secretly worried about the girl's mental health.

"Hi boys!" The mother says, walking up and hugging her son-in-law and his friends."

"Hello Miss Reeves." Mattia said. Roshaun looked at the woman for a second before speaking.

"How was your daughter's relationship with her father?" The Jamaican asks. The woman looks at him surprised and then sighs.

"She'll never admit this, but he wasn't the nicest to her when drunk." The woman says. The boys look at her confused and she gestures for them to go inside. They do so and sit in the living room.

~Trigger Warning~
~Domestic Violence~

"Y/n's father became a drunk after I divorced him. He would constantly hit her because she reminded him of me, but he never let me have her because he didn't want to let me win. After a couple of years, he stopped allowing me to see her. He told me she didn't need any distractions from her studies and extracurricular activities. Then, when he kicked her out, he called me saying to 'take the little slut if you want because I can't have a pregnant teenager bringing down my rep.' So, I searched for her. Luckily enough for me, she moved here and it was easier to find her." Miss Reeves states. The boys all look out the sliding glass door at the brunette playing with her eight year old daughter and four year old son.

"If she didn't tell us that, what else is she hiding?" Ale asks. Roshaun shakes his head.

"She'll tell us when she's ready. Y/n trusts us she just doesn't want to overwhelm us by telling us all of her problems. The best thing we can do for her as her best friends is to give her time and show that we are willing to give up our time and energy to help her with all of her issues." The boy says. They all nod and y/n walks in.

"Hey! We're about to cut the cake!" She says, smiling. The boys and her mother nod and follow her outside.

They say we tend to fall for boys that remind us of our fathers, is that why she fell for Tony?