Home

September 17th, 2025
Third Person POV

"Leo! Come outside!" Mattia yells. The young boy runs down the stairs and outside to see all of his family and friends in his backyard. He smiles and runs up to Roshaun and hugs him.

"Happy birthday short stack." Roshaun says. Leo giggles and they all sit down to the cake.

Knock knock

"Mr. Polibio?" The officer yells. He stares at the picture of the twenty-two year old woman and sighs. Three years she had been "dead" and suddenly, they find Tony whipping her in an abandoned cabin outside of town.

"Mr. Polibio!" The officer yells once more, knocking aggressively. Mattia opens the door and stares at the officer confused.

"Sir your wife-"

"Is dead."

"No. There is no certificate of death. It was all a lie. The casket was filled with sandbags. She's been with Tony Lopez outside of town. He's been torturing her." The officer says. Mattia's eye widen as he thinks about everything his wife had probably gone through within the past three years of her life.

"Thank you for telling me." He says. The officer nods and walks back to his car. Mattia closes the door and runs to his backyard.

"SHE'S ALIVE!" He screams. Everyone looks up confused and stares at the teary eyed Italian.

"An officer just came by and told me that y/n is alive. She has been this whole time!" He screams. Brynnlee looks up at her father and a little smile appears on the seven year old's face.

"Can I go see her now?" She asks. Mattia smiles and nods. Everyone gets up and runs to their cars.

At the Hospital

"Patient's name?" The nurse asks.

"Y/n Polibio." The nurse looks up and smiles at the group.

"We were wondering when you'd all show up. We'll clear out the cafeteria so you can see her. She isn't as bad as she was last week-"

"Wait! How long has she been here?" Roshaun asks. The nurse tilts her head.

"For a week and a half. Why?"

"Why didn't anyone call us?" Ale asks.

"We were told the police would notify you as soon as they finished their investigation."

"Oh. Can we see her now?" Mattia asks, holding his three year old son.

"Right this way." The nurse stands and leads the group to the cafeteria. They walk in and see a girl alone with cotton over her left eye. Y/n looks up and sees the group.

"Baby?" Mattia says. She smiles and starts to cry.

"Mommy!" Leo yells. He jumps out of Mattia's arms and runs to the crying girl. After three years of staring at her picture, he finally got to meet the woman that gave birth to him. He wraps his arms around the girl's neck and she picks him up.