°2 : Detention°

5 'o clock rolled around like a thrown dice, and I was quickly walking down the halls in no time to get to where Filch wanted to meet us. Father said that he wanted us to polish the trophies for the hundredth time, and mop up the halls floors after students who left Herbology tracked in loose ground from outside. These didn't sound too bad in my opinion; at least I wasn't going to be slapped again.

I arrived at the trophy room, but I was beyond surprised when I saw that the twins were there already, Jordan with them as well. Filch was hunched over at usual, his uneven teeth showing out from his gaping mouth as he looked over at me. I looked back at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Late by a minute, Snape." He groaned. I sneered, a sudden thought crossed my mind. I might as well out my Slytherin reputation up to use, since I knew that Filch was terribly afraid of me tattling about him to my father.

"And what are you going to do? Give me another punishment? My father wouldn't like to hear that, wouldn't he?" I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes. Filch, who took a second to process what I said, quickly straightened himself a bit, clearing his throat in a quivered way.

"No, no, he wouldn't.... Let's- get in already!" He pushed the three in, I followed after them, entering the dull, dark trophy room. It was cold, and it smelled like an old cave. It made me scrunch my nose up a bit. The other three looked around as if they'd never been inside (although I've seen them enter this place before, supposedly for their secret passage ways). I propped my hands on my hips as Filch wiped at his nose with his leathery, dirty hand.
"Right. You two, off with these brooms, and you two-" he pointed a finger at me and the remaining Weasley twin. "Polish all of these trophies with no blumming wand waving... Hear me, Snape?" He closed an eye as he prodded the finger at me furiously. I nodded, nearly rolling my eyes. The twin smiled with mischief as he looked over at me.

"What did you-"

"OF TO IT!" He shouted after Lee and the other twin, making the two jump. They tried to play it off as they left through the door, Filch thumbling after them.
Now it was me and the twin alone in the room, and I picked up a cloth from a nearby table that held the cleaning items, and trodded over, already bored, to the first shelf of trophies.

I could feel occasional glances from the Weasley twin I was stuck with from across the room. I tried to ignore him as minutes passed. The room was quiet, only filled by squeaks of polishing trophies, and that seemed to bother Weasley, since he started to speak.

"Fred." He said. I frowned in confusion, not turning around and focusing on the spot I was trying to pick away.

"What?" I muttered, moving on to another trophy, which was a Quidditch trophy, it's bottom embroided with badges of the old Gryffindor team players.

"My name. Fred." He cleared up, then breathing out a laugh. "Why else would I say a name?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Maybe because you're a lunatic who picks on people?" I suggested, now turning to look at him. His face, from a smile to a blank face, looked like I just insulted his family. This made him look down at the trophy he was holding, and polish it, poorly, from what I could see.

"Listen, we didn't mean to." He put the trophy on the shelf behind him, which wasn't where he got it from. At this point, I wondered if I was going to have to polish these all by myself since he wanted to play around and do the greeting game. I laughed sarcastically.

"So I'm an exception?" Looking back at the trophy I was polishing and finally getting the spot off, I moved onto another trophy that happened to be a another Quidditch trophy, that belonged to Slytherin. I could tell that Fred was shaking his head as he heard his reply back in his head.