Chapter Eight

Thank you for reading... now, onto it! Who's ready for Bella and Edward to have more interactions? And more than just coffee dates?

Chapter Eight

After Esme and Edward left that afternoon from their appointment, Bella was a bit unfocused - dazed really from the interaction she'd had with Edward. Miraculously, she got through her remaining appointments, all while maintaining her professional demeanor. Underneath her facade, Bella was replaying Edward's wink and reveling in the roughness of his warm, large hands as they encompassed hers.

Those hands she wanted to feel all over her body, caressing her pale skin and bringing her to the brink of ecstasy.

Down, girl. You need to calm yourself.

She had to admit she had chemistry with Edward Cullen. He was smart, sexy and everything she'd ever fantasized in a man, both physically and intellectually. The conversations they'd had at the coffee shop were comfortable, filled with wit and warmth. They were building a relationship, a true friendship, which was so unlike anything she'd had with any man in New York. She'd kept men, and people, at arm's length.

After Angela's death, Bella used men for one thing and one thing only.

Sex.

Fucking.

Orgasms.

They were a tool for her to get off. A walking, talking, breathing and pulsating dildo that could kiss and occasionally cuddle. Though, she usually kicked them to the curb before the cuddling could commence. Bella was not a cuddler. Her sister was the more touchy-feely type, while Bella kept an impenetrable bubble around herself. Also, the sex was not had in a bedroom, but in a supply closet, the on-call room at the hospital or any place that had a modicum of privacy, for fifteen minutes, or so. They were fast, furious, empty interactions. For the most part, she was one and done. Every so often, she'd fuck a guy more than once, but that was very rare.

Only if she'd gotten off with him, but let's just say it wasn't all that often.

Most men were bumbling idiots when it came to the physical act of sex. Most of them did not where the clitoris was, nor how to handle it.

With other people, her colleagues and patients, she maintained a professional, detached rapport. She refused to let people in, let them get close. Bella's heart was shattered when her twin had died and she didn't know how to open it back up again. She was terrified.

Now, with Edward, she wanted to open up. She wanted to have more with him. Bella wanted to have sex. Not sex, make love. She also wanted to get to know him on a deeper level. She desired a more intense level of intimacy, to share their inner-most desires, greatest fears, and most amazing accomplishments. She wanted to have more than just one night of pleasure. She wanted to have it all.

She wanted a relationship ... and not just a sexual relationship ... with Edward Cullen.

"I'm heading out, Dr. Swan," Maggie said, poking her head into Bella's office. "Have a good night."

"Thanks, Maggie," Bella replied, giving her nurse a smile. "Is my schedule up to date? What's on tap for tomorrow?"

"You're off tomorrow," Maggie answered. "Remember?"

"Oh, right," Bella chuckled, shaking her head. "Thanks for the reminder. See you later, Maggie." Her nurse waved and left the office. Bella double-checked her computer, verifying she was, indeed, off the following day. She'd scheduled it off because she had her own appointment with her gynecologist. It was time for her Depo shot. It was scheduled for later in the afternoon, with a 'date' with her parents for dinner afterward.