High Hopes

(Excuse Mistakes )

Chapter 20.

"I got high hopes for us baby, Like I was on dope for us baby."

-J.Sullivan

1 Month Later

Diamond POV. 

Well, Rock is still in jail. I have been getting MyMy the days that I can since school has started back and I'm taking online classes, again.

If it isn't work, im doing online classes, trying to play mommy to MyMy and deal with the Rock situation.

I closed my laptop down after finishing up some homework. I grabbed my Gatorade bottle and sipped it.

I looked at the time on my phone. It read 5:00pm. This is the time that Rock normally calls and check on us. Right then, My phone rung.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Wassup? " He asked, sounding like He was out of breath.

"Nothing. Just finished getting in some work, now I have to get ready to go to work. "

He sighed. He's still iffy about the fact that I'm a stripper. He has to understand that I was raised to be independent.  I been independent since I was a youngin '.

I'm just an independent ass  female.

"Oh.. That's cool."

"Why you sound out of breath?" I ask, putting a grape inside my mouth.

"I just got done exercising. "

"Oh. Why you call? " I ask. "MyMy isn't here." I always wanted to know. It's not like We go together. So why?

"'Cause I wanted to. " He said, smacking his lips.

I sighed. "Rock what do you consider us?" I ask.

"Associates."

"Oh."

I hung up. I hope He thinks that the call dropped or something. Oh well. I walked to the bathroom and ran some water in the sink. I splashed some water on my face so it could blend in with my tears.

I dried my face then walked out.

Since I had already bathed, I slipped on some gray sweats, a white long sleeve thermal and my pink, black, and white Jordan 13s.

I had gotten my hair done yesterday. I had it dyed Blond with my black edges still the same color.

I put in my diamond earrings and made sure I had my black bandana.

Walking out, I locked the doors to the house and unlocked the door to my car.

"Beep, Beep." It sounded off.

"Hello?" I ask, Driving down the street while answering my phone.

"Bitch , what you doing?" Miracle asked.

"Headed to work." I laugh.

"Oh.. You know Tony still likes you, right? Nigga ain't stayed out my face since I introduced Y'all."

I giggled. "Girl, I don't want that lil ' boy. '

"Mhmm,  I told him that my brother got you on lock."

"Girl,  Keep talking nonsense." I rolled my eyes.

She erupted in laughter. "Hol'up D. " I heard moving in the background. " Oh my God! Lil' girl, why would you eat my cake?! I'm finna whoop you!" I heard her yell.