@wdwsmarvel

look at those weirdos i love them

warning: i am a perfectionist who loves giving advice, so please do not let my advice overwhelm you! i simply write a lot because i want to be as helpful as possible and get my points across clearly <3

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

peter parker imagines | wdwsmarvel - wdwsmarvel

okay bro FIRST OF ALL: the way you put me in your story description as inspiration??? and proceeded to hype me up????? wow ilysm wtf 🥺 okay i'm gonna split these up into the two imagines you said to read SO:

experience
- the plot! i've never read anything with this concept and i absolutely LOVE the whole idea of having students like trade schools! i think it's really cool ahhhhhh okay but since this is a reviews book, here are my notes:

- ebb and flow, baby! make the story flow!! personally, for the intro, i'd say rather than having a whole description of the process of switching schools, start the story right when peter and his friends walk through the door. from here, you jump straight into the action, and you can either write a few paragraphs explaining the whole shebang or you can add it in through the story (aka having dialogue between y/n and the midtown kids about the whole transfer thing and only adding a little bit of extra info). this makes the whole thing faster and more interesting, therefore making it a better story!

- existential question: who is they? i noticed a few times that, while writing actions and dialogue between y/n and the midtown kids, the midtown kids were often referred to as "they." one singular unit. my advice to make that aspect of your story better: use your knowledge of the characters. note the different reactions of everyone: mj scoffing and going back to her book, flash being annoying, liz being the kind queen she is, and peter being his cute babie self. not only does this make your story more enticing, but it'll also add more chemistry between y/n and peter. 

- this is a ROMANCE show! or is it??????? apologies for the weirdly modified harry quote i'm really just braindumping here ANYWAYS! maybe it's just because i've been half asleep all day and therefore my brain is like Kinda Not Working, but the only chemistry i noted between y/n and peter was 1) y/n catching peter's attention and 2) y/n noting that he was cute. idk if your plan was to have a bit of buildup between them over a few imagines (cause you said you wanted it to become a series type thing), but still: have them interact more! have peter be a quiet yet nosy nerd, frequently blurting out questions and getting flustered and being awkward!!

- betty brant! this is a small note, but the reason behind it made me laugh SO HARD IDK WHY ANYWAYS: girl lmao if you don't remember a character's last name, look it up!!!!! lmao i'm sorry for laughing but you were like "i forgot her last name?" and it cracked me up. the bigger note that comes from this one:: writing is hard. it takes a lot of effort, and sometimes, despite the fact that it's fanfic, it takes research. be detail oriented, really break your story down and get to the little extra bits and it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

out of place (both parts)
- yuhh get into it! this is similar to the first one for ur other imagine lol; get right into the action of the story!! a rule i was taught when i started writing: it's better to explain through the story than to straight up explain everything. now here's me trying to make sense of what i just said lol: rather than just start off by plain explaining that y/n just moved from calabasas etc etc, embed it in the dialogue between peter and y/n. this not only adds more dialogue and therefore more chemistry, but also just makes the story flow better.