CHAPTER 14

I sent a message to Tina the next day.

Tina Besty: Oh my freak! What? Are you hallucinating? Napasobra ka ata sa bakasyon Maggie! Seryoso ba yan?

Maggie: oo. He's with since Day1 of my vacation. I was surprised too.

Tina Besty: Persistent si kuya mo Rhett ha. Yay so this means maid of honor ako? OMG isusumpa kita kung hindi! FO!

Maggie: We haven't talk about the details yet. I'm still in chaos you know

Tina Besty: How about your career? I mean, are you going to continue or he's cool with you being a public personality?

Maggie: TBH, im considering quitting showbiz. It doesn't make me happy anymore.

Tina Besty: He'll definitely be the happiest but he'll still respect whatever decision you chose. Imagine 6 years and he's still into you. Actually, tinaboy ko yan dati. You know when you were still suffering from your bastard of a father.

Maggie: I know.

Tina Besty: OMG. How?

Maggie: saw you two . It's okay now. Everything was worth it.

Indeed, every pain was worth it. Six years ago I accepted my fate. I'd probably never be happy again. I'd probably never see him again. But here we are. I couldn't ask for more.

We are roaming around Sceaux, it's few miles away from Paris. I love the blooming cherry blossom orchard where we are staying. He really did spent so much effort on our itinerary.

"When I was little, I used to think fairytales were true. " I said while we're walking near the castle. He's holding my hands and glanced at me seriously.

"What changed then?"

"I mean, I can write a song about prince charming and princesses but, they'll stay fictional."

"I can be your prince charming and you'll be my princess." He said as a matter of factly.

"Silly. You're more than a prince charming to me. You're real, they're not."

He smiled widely throughout our walk.

"Maggie, have you thought of our wedding?" We're now having our cup of tea at Plaisirs des Thés.

"Not yet. But I want it exclusive."

"As much as I want you for myself, I'd also want the whole world to know that you're mine. I wont mind a highly publicized wedding baby."

I am now smiling after his remark. "That would be nice. But I'm actually thinking of quitting showbiz, I'll just finish my contract and world tour. I wont accept any project from now on. I've talked to my manager about this before I went in Paris"

"I hope I am not the one keeping you away from your passion baby. I understand and continue to understand if you'll continue with your job."

"Aren't you happy? You can have me anytime, anywhere." I chuckled.

"On a second thought, I think your idea is better. No, best." He laughed with me.

"You're a busy person Rhett. I want to take care of you. I want to be with you through good and bad times, I want to make up to the years that we've lost and I want to start a family with you. I only have one request."

"You know I'll give you everything right? What is it?"

"Don't hurt our family. I might lost it."

He wrapped me inside his arms. "Never in this lifetime baby. I'll die first before I hurt you."

"That's all I ask." I hugged him tightly.

"I hope you won't mind, I already contacted a wedding planner. We'll talk with them once we go back and you're moving in my condo. I am not comfortable while you're living alone in your house baby."

I removed my hold from him. "What? You knew all these years where I live? And you did not bother to show yourself?"

"Hey, you told me to stay away from you. I planned of showing myself but I am waiting for the right time. So I did."

"Your timing was impeccable tho. Rhett, how many kids do you plan to have?"

"I want 12"

"What the heck? Are you serious?"

"Baby, I want a basketball team." He laughed.

"I don't like your basketball team! I want 2 or 3 maybe."

"Whatever you want baby. I love you just the same."

I blushed. "Rhett, all those years, did you love someone else?"

"It's only you baby."

"No casual hookups? Flings?"

"How can I? I got busy with work."

"Liar."

"Says someone who had many ex."

"Who?"

"Oh baby, you forgot you're a celebrity."

"Those were nothing but rumors. I thought everyone would hurt me eventually, and turn out to be just like my father."

"How about Harper?"

"What about him? Isn't he your rumored boyfriend?"

"he's not. He's my ex-band mate. And ex-friend."

"He kissed you. I was there in your concert."

"Yeah he did. It wasn't part of the script. "

"That dickhead."

"What? Feel threatened aren't we?"

"I'm not. Who's your fiance Margareth huh?"

"Feeling confident now?" I laughed. Never thought that a good looking and successful man like him would still feel threatened.

"Soon enough you're going to be my wife. I guess I just cant wait."

"there's nothing to worry, you have me. I'm all yours baby."

He kissed me slowly and next thing I knew we are inside our bedroom making hot love.