CHAPTER 13

It's a gloomy day here in Grand Est. I am facing the vineyard sipping on my wine. It's still early in the morning. Rhett is still asleep tho. I chucked at the thought about us last night. We were arguing about my dress I wore for his friends party and he ended up tearing them and ofcourse I got heated immediately. Ang rupok ko.

I am now holding a pen scribbling every words that came in to my mind, thinking of some melody.

He bought me a guitar when we were in Strasbourg. I liked this guitar because I had it personalized. I put his initial at the  lower right part.

I put my camera in selfie mode and in landscape,a bit of my upper body is showing, I am holding the guitar while I am wearing Rhett's ovesized t-shirt. I  recorded a 30seconds video, I hummed the lyrics while strumming the guitar.

I posted it in my social media account with a caption "What a dream"

It gathered thousand likes in a matter of seconds.

I woke up earlier with smell of peonies, there's a bouquet of pink peonies at the side table. I also took a snap of it and post it in my IG story.

He gave me a warm back hug. I sipped on my wine while he's kissing my neck.

"sorry, I overslept." His voice is husky this morning. He smell so fresh early in the morning."Pinagod mo nanaman ako kagabi." He laughed.

I gave him a knowing look.

"What? It's true." He said defensively.

"You started it."

"I'm sorry baby, I can't get enough of you."

He gave me so much to think about. I've decided to be happy and that means having him. I deserve to be happy. I deserve his affection.

We decided to have our dinner where the overlooking of vineyard is majestically  peeking at us.  I was surprised earlier that he made last minute preparations for this romantic candle light dinner. I looked at him smiling sweetly. "Thank you for showing me this beautiful place and every place we've travelled for the past weeks. I loved them all."

"Anything for you baby, I guess years of waiting was worth it. "

"Thank you for being patient with me though I fell short for the woman you deserve."

"Baby you're everything that I need. I waited for you, but I also made sure you'll end up with me. "

I scoffed. "Confident."

"You think I'll go this far if I don't have a chance Margareth Natalia?"

"I just don't think you deserve me. You know, the media had said so much about me. Look at you, you were successful at 22, you were more successful now, while I'm a mess."

"You're a beautiful mess then. I don't care about what media says anyway. What's important for me is the two of us. Listen carefully, I'll never do what your dad have done to your mom, I will never hurt you." 

I got carried away by his words. For the past years, I wasn't sentimental. I learned how to conceal my emotions but tonight, I freed myself, when I'm with him, I feel like I am a different person, good different. It's only with him that I feel free, I am more me.

I sniffed a little and wiped my tears.

"Baby." he called me. I looked down and bit my lower lip, I felt ashamed for being too sentimental tonight.

"Baby look at me please." He pleaded.

I lifted my eyes to him. Shocked is evident in my face. I put my hands in my face leaving my eyes. I cried more. "Oh my God! W-what is this Rhett?"

Rhett is holding a black velvet box. He removed the platinum band from the box, the center diamond screams elegance. It's so huge that everyone will notice it immediately.

He held my left hand, "Let's start with forever."

I nodded immediately. I can't stop crying. He slowly slid the ring in my ring finger and kissed me passionately.

"I love you, thank you."  He whispered in between his kisses.