He sat the chart in the caddy at the end of the bed, "Otherwise, everything looks good. A nurse will be back a bit later with her dinner and we'll check her vitals again before bed."

"Thank you." Christian bowed slightly as the doctor did the same before exiting and patting him on the shoulder. His eyes rested back on Ky as a deep sigh escaped his lips and landed on their son.

"Hey! Guess who's in the hallway.." he squatted down to the boy's eye level ruffling his hair.

The boy's eyes grew wide, face perking up a bit, "Uncle Scott?!"

Christian nodded, confirming with a soft smile. He took off towards the door, nearly tripping over his own feet, "Aiden, slow down!"

But his child was already out the door and out of earshot. He shook his head, laughing to him self as he rose back to his feet.

Ky's eyes watched as he made his way to her bedside, taking her hand in his with a soft kiss.

"Am I dreaming?..." the words escaped her lips, though she meant it to remain a thought as her eyes rested on the black matte band on his ring finger.

"What do you mean?" He squinted as he searched her face, seeing a bit of alarm behind her eyes.

"We were just...in...." she paused, head quickly turning to the semi open window.

"Where are we?" She said, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar buildings outside.

"We're in the hospital. I went to see Scott and you were at home with Aiden—"

"Aiden?" Her voice cracked.

He looked concerned, "Yeah.....our son—are you okay? Do I need to call the doctor back in he—"

"No! No. I—" she ran her hand over her belly, staring off to the side, trying to recollect herself.

"....are we in Atlanta?"

".......I'm getting the doctor." He said turning to get up just to be snatched back down.

"I'm serious! We were just at my parents house after..." her eyes began to water. She peered down at his side, slowly leaning closer to him to raise his shirt, revealing a scar that should she thought would still be a recovering wound.

"Oh....." He adjusted himself to sit upright, moving her braids behind her ear.

"Ky, baby that was years ago. Did your nightmares start back up?"

"......I guess so." She still vividly remembered everything. The smell of his blood that stained her shirt. The fear she felt as he seemed to slip away.

It just happened....

...didn't it?

"You had nightmares with Aiden too. We thought they had subsided. You even decided to move here to Korea thinking it would help, but for some reason it sprung back up while you were carrying him. Didn't think this lil one would bring them too.."

He leaned down and kissed the top off her tummy, "I'm sorry. If it helps... I still have them somewhat too, but waking up to you—"

"Mommy look what uncle Scott got me!!" Aiden burst through the siding door, holding a mini video camera, pointing it right in her face.

"I'm just like daddy now!"

"My bad yal, I tried to stop him so yal could be alo—"

"Why would you give a 7yr old a camera?" Christian mumbled once Scott made his way next to him.

"The same reason we gave you one." He said patting him on the back.

"Come on lil man, you're staying with me tonight." Scott picked up his nephew, gently sliding him onto his back.

"Why can't I stay with my mom and dad?" Aiden asked as he wrapped his free arm around his uncle to hold on.

"Your dad has to take care of your mom right now, and..." his voice trailed off as they exited the room.

Ni'Kya smiled as the door slid shut, "He's just like you..."

"Yeah, with you're attitude." He said before leaning forward to kiss her forehead.

"It's funny..." she said as she watched him go through a bag in the corner.

He placed some random things on the stand to the side, coming back to her with a large hair tie to put her braids up, "What is?"

"I always dreamed of someone like you. This life, well not this in particular," she laughed.

He pulled her hair up into as decent a bun as he could manage, "I could say the same thing. Still feels like I'm dreaming sometimes, but" he caressed her cheek, placing his other hand on her belly.

"I'm just glad you're awake, love."

💙 Thank You For Reading 💙

Thank you all for sticking with me to the end! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get here. I might post a bonus chapter, but we shall see!!!

I love you all and hope you're safe during these times.