16: Riight

Okay.... can we talk about how freggin hot this is?! Christian on a motorcycle? He can just kill me now 😩. Them arms tho 👀

___________________🌻___________________

"I thought you said it would be working by now!" Adam was pacing as Chuck nervously stared at his computer screen.

"I-I dunno what happened. It should be according to my data...I can-"

"Fucking fix it!" Adam had slammed his hand on Chuck's desk, causing him to jump. Chuck looked down at Adam's shaky hands as he scrambled to adjust his glasses.

"I-I'm trying..." he said scrambling back to his computer. He barely even had time to lean over his keyboard before Adam snatched him by his collar.

"Well try harder, you fat fuck!" He spoke through his teeth as his jaw clenched in anger, "I didn't fucking pay you to have your shit program not. FUCKING. WORK!" Adam's was inches away from Chuck's face, his eye blaring red as he demanded an answer for his lack of results.

"I-I told you it was a prototype. I wasn't even planning on using it, until you asked but-"

"But what?" He skeethed, tighting his grip. Chuck tried to glance over at his screen, but Adam yanked him back, "What?!" Chuck flenched before pointing at his screen, finger shaky. Adam released his shirt and leaned closer to the monitor. "93.... 93 what does that mean? The rest is all just code jibberish."

Chuck rubbed at his neck, "It means it's 93% complete."

Adam grasped at the sides of the screen, "Complete? How much longer til it's done?"

Chuck coughed and cleared his throat, trying to gain his composure, "I don't know. It could take a few more days, another week... I told you, it's untested. It's the first time it's even been used outside of simulation tests."

A menacing smile spread across Adam's face as he raised to exit Chuck's apartment,"It better work, Chuck," He patted him on the shoulder and rested his hand, "..and for your sake..." and tightly squeezed Chuck's shoulder, causing him to wince in pain, "....sooner rather than later."

-🌻-

"Ki..KI! Come help me with this stuff, nah!" Kenan was struggling to make his way through the front door. He had arms full of groceries after she had sent him to the store, "Ki!"

Kiona motioned to Christian, who was now tangling with BOTH kids, "Hey Ian, you think you could help my husband out with the bags?" She asked as she went to grab her one year old off his arm.

"Uh, yeah sure." He lifted Jaylen off his shoulders before getting up and heading to the front.

"Kiona, where you—who you?" Kenan turned to Christian, who was grabbing bags that were sitting on the floor.

"Christian..or Ian, either one's fine. Nice to meet ya, mate." He held his free hand out for Kenan to shake, but he just looked at him, "...oh-kay." Christian went to put his hand back down, but Kenan snapped out of his daze and grabbed his hand to shake.

"My bad, man. So you Christian...." Kenan eyes him a lil bit as their hands broke apart, "...not what I expected..."

Christian squinted at his last comment, not really sure how to take it, "Meaning?.." as he followed the other male into the kitchen.

"Nothin' man.... I'm... just a lil surprised is all."

"Surprised about what?" Both men turn their attention to the opposite end of the kitchen where Ona and I entered.

Kenan looked a bit taken aback once he laid eyes on us, "Uhh... h-hey, baby." Kenan said as he reached out for my sister; his voice clearly cracked a bit.

She pecked him on the lips as she took noticed, "What's wrong witchu? Why you look so shook, pooh?"

Kenan was trying to quickly subdue his expression to a more 'normal' one, but landed somewhere in between constipated and forced smile, "Nah baby, I'm good. I'm good..."

"Mkay. Well, I put Jaylen and Tré down for a nap. Yal gone hit the grill while we handle what to do in here?" Once again, her look and tone made it more of a statement, than a question. She started to dig through the bags to find what we needed as Kenan grabbed what he needed and made his way to the patio, Christian trailing behind.

Kenan struck the conversation back up as the two started to prep for grilling, "So uh... what's your intentions with my lil sister?"

"To end up like you and Kiona; married, family, the whole nine. I'm not just with her for fun." Christian said as he went to grab the bag of charcoal and walk it over to the grill.

"Mm... you sure bout that?" Kenan kept facing in the same direction as he arranged things, not looking at Ian.

Ian chuckled to himself a bit, realizing what was actually going on, "What, you don't believe me?" He slightly dropped the bag next to the grill and brushed his hands off, trying to make eye contact with his opposing party.

Whilst avoiding Christian's gaze Kenan started to dump the charcoal into the grill and lit it up after dousing it with lighter fluid. Once done, he turned slightly—a knowing smirk on his face, "...let's say I don't."

"Then I'd say why?" He said as he watched Kenan start to season the meat to go on the grill.

Kenan laughed a bit and just shook his head, "Shit, just sayin... kinda hard to believe."

Christian's brows burrowed forward as he crossed his arms, "Was it believable at any point beforehand?"

Kenan bobbed his head left to right, "A lil... maybe."

"Riight.... Got it...." Christian poked his tongue at his cheek, knowing what he was getting at, he just didn't want to say it—neither of them did. They both knew where this was headed.

"I'm just sayin.. you ain't the type of guy I expected her to wind up wit." Kenan decided to go ahead and slightly confirm Christian's thoughts as he began to place the food on the grill.

"And what kind of guy was?" By this time, Christian was meekly glaring at Kenan, trying to suppress the anger starting riling up inside him.

"Just... not you. Aight?"

Christian buttoned his lip, clearly annoyed and contemplating if he should cuss Kenan out now... or later, "Hey, baby. How yal doin out here?" I had made my way to the back patio—arms out and caught my self about to hug a very irritated Ian, "You okay?" I say, resting my forehead on his while he leaned against the side wall.

He let out a sigh, fixing his face to be plastered with a smile, "I'm good." I tilted my head to peer up at him, not convinced. See, I know Kenan; he has a way with words, and ALWAYS had a knack for starting some mess, "Really, baby I'm fine." He gently cupped my face in his hands before planting a kiss on my forehead and pinching my chin afterward.

"Yal are just too cute!" We turn to see Ona leaning against the sliding door, a cheeky grin decorating her face, "I can't WAIT for mommy n daddy to see this!!"

Kenan muttered to himself as he continued to tend to the food, gaining small glances from myself and Christian. Not too much longer, it was dinner time, and Kenan decided that it was the proper time to say what's been on his mind, "So Ky, you done with n*ggas now?"