31: Ky

Scott's foot slipped, almost causing him to fall to the hard pavement as Christian sped off

He managed to secure himself, giving his friend a stern look of aggravated grief while also trying to understand his urgency.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on, or just speed off onto the night?"

"Ky's in trouble." Christian said through his tensed jaw, believing that uttering the words made it all the more true as he prayed he misinterpreted the jumbled message.

"How do you even kn—"

"I JUST KN—I just know. Okay?" He blared through yellow lights, praying none caught him as the GPS line shortened to nothing, his phone stating they had reached their destination. He frantically hopped out of the car, the ding going off from the lights still being on with the door wide open as the car continued running.

Nothing looked familiar, they had never been to this side of town. You could see resident lights not too far off in the distance from nearby neighborhoods, but other than that, just a mix of trees and areas leveled for construction.

"Where are we?" Scott questioned as he exited the passenger side.

"I don—I dunno." He grabbed at the back of his head, spinning in every which direction, searching for something...

...anything that would tell him what he was supposed to do next.

He could feel himself panicking, his palms twinged with helplessness as he felt his eyes begin to water.

Scott walked in the way on the headlights, opposite the direction of his desperate brother, searching the landscape for anything that could help them.

He walked farther out, almost out of sight of the lights reach, seeing something that seemed out of place on the ground, "Hey ROME." He yelled, his head still facing forward at an unrecognizable pile on the ground.

His pace quickened, as his eyes adjusted to the darkness...

...it was a person.

"ROME!" He hollers, both darting toward the unknown figure, lifting them to see their face. Christian stilled, instantly recognizing the young lady he held in his arms.

Chi?

"I—I know her." He frown, unearthing the painful memory of the night he lost his heart. Scott's brows burrowed, waiting for him to elaborate, "She's the girl from the bar, but..."

Scott starts putting the pieces together, looking around to see where she might've came from, "We gotta wake her up. I bet she knows where Ky is."

He starts to shake her, just rough enough to wake her, eyes fluttering open, landing on them. "Did you text us?"

She grabs at her pounding head, wincing in pain, "HEY, you need to tell us where Ni'Kya is."