13: Bambi

"Oooooooo looka heah! Hey baby!" Mrs. Shonda threw her arms out to greet both of us with a big hug as we came through the shop doors, "How are you mister?" she held Christian's head in her hands, cupping his cheeks and giving him a once over, "She told me you were coming back AND that you needed a hair cut." She went to grab at Christian's ponytail, "Look at this. When's the last time you got it cut?"

He smiled, a little embarrassed, nonetheless, "I kinda get wrapped up in working and don't go out too often once I get started so, yeah it's been a minute."

"Mmmhm. Come on, take a seat at the sink and I'll fix ya up." She motioned for him to head on over as she went to get the shampoo and things she needed. I watched as she took care of him, I could feel my heart warming as two people I genuinely had all the love for in the world interacted. They would laugh about things I couldn't hear and refuse to tell me once I ask. She trimmed his hair down and used the clippers to give him an undercut worthy of his handsome face.

"There you go. All set and ready for tomorrow. Tell Tia I said hi and congratulations!"

"You ain't goin?"

"Baby I wish I could, I am BOOKED SOLID for two weeks. It's homecoming season for the kids."

I forgot that it was that time already. Fuck I've been out of high school for a long time. "Oh okay. I will make sure to tell her. Thank you Mrs. Shonda!"

"No problem, baby!" We went to head out, but she pulled Christian back for a hot second as I continued out, "Now you make sure you keep your word."

"I will." He fixed his eyes back over to me as I still headed for the car, "I promise."

"Alright then. Make sure you talk to her parents. If you're serious, do things right."

He nodded and ran to catch back up with me, "The fuck is homecoming?" He asked while opening his door.

I gave him a questioning glare as I closed my door, "Yal don't have homecoming in Korea?"

"No."

I cranked up and began to pull out of my parking spot, "What about Australia? You had dances there right?"

"Oh you mean a school formal?"

"The fuck is a formal?"

"A dance for the seniors." He burrowed his brows forward, mirroring my expression from earlier.

"You mean prom?"

"For fucks sake. What is prom?!"

"The dance for the high school seniors."

"Then what the hell is homecoming?!"

"A dance for all the grades."

"Why?!"

"I don't know! And stop yelling!" We came to a green light and anyone who was on the outside looking in would swear we were having a legit argument.

"You Americans and your weird terms, why are there so many. Why the fuck do freshmen need a dance? Why does anybody below grade 12 need a dance? The dance is to celebrate being done WITH the shit, not to welcome you to it."

"First of all, kangaroo jack, I ain't make the rules. Second....." he raised his brows at me, waiting for the next part of my rebuttal, "...ion know. Just accept the shit and move on." I lost my train of thought from him playfully patting my thigh. The light turned green as he gave me a knowing smile. Damn, I'm glad to have my man back.

-🌻-

"C-Christian..stop." Although I meant my words, the nature of my voice was all but serious. We were supposed to be getting ready for Tia and Michael's engagement party, yet here he was, unzipping the dress I had just put on, "You're going to make us late." My n*gga, I am not trying to be wobbling in my heels all night like a new born fawn because YOU decided to bust my walls down and rearrange my insides. No.