I stood in front of Keenan, contemplating my next move. What do I have to lose if I tell him that my relationship with Adil isn't as serious as it seems? Nothing because I won't see my mentor again after the last session. Fuck. Before I could decide, Keenan announced, "Dominic's leaving in a few. My offer for pizza still stands," and like with his other double-meaning invitations, I was able to pick up this one. He'll spill if I spill.

Fuck, Gia, yeah, mess your life up some more. I decided to stay and see what the night'll reveal. I sat on my black couch and drowned out Keenan and Dominic's chuckles from Dominic's funny gas station stories. Dominic is all right. Probably naive since Alicia's been thirsting over other men behind his back. What is it with people cheating?

I occupied myself with my phone, watching fifteen-second videos of animals being cute—one of the best things the world has to offer. Time-to-time I'd glance in the kitchen to check if the laughing friendly Keenan had transformed to his true alien state. It seems that I can't wrap my head around the fact that Keenan Travino actually enjoys a person's company. It didn't take long before he and Dominic emerged into the living room.

"It was nice meeting you, Gianna," said Dominic, voice thick with his accent. He stopped before the coffee table and held his hand out for another shake. Getting to my feet, I complied, telling him the same. The two men then walked to the foyer and after the front door had shut softly, tension left my shoulders. Deep in my gut I had a feeling that I'll be seeing more of Dominic. I ignored the said feeling and brought my attention to six-pack-abs-Keenan who was lighting himself a cancer stick as he walked my way.

He puffed smoke, "Pizza time?" the man asked.

"Why is Adil not as honest as he lets on?" I asked straight to the point. Despite the cute animals, the concern has not left my mind.

"Pizza time," said Travino, treating my previous words like air. He walked to the kitchen and like a lost kitten, I followed.

The kitchen's main lights were off, leaving it to the warm backsplash LEDs to aid our sight. It's a typical big-house kitchen, but with Keenan behind the islands, the area looks fucking sexy. How the fuck? I glared at Keenan for no valid reason aside from my sexuality morphing to Keenan Travino Only. I watched his muscular back as he served cheesy pepperoni pizza on two ceramic plates, squirting expensive-looking hot sauce on one big slice. He slid the other my way.

"Eat up," said the man. I struggled with the stool and I could sense a comment coming my way. It came, "You're so tiny," said Keenan.

"I'm average-sized," I said. Not in America, but in some other country, I guess.

"Uh-huh," told Ki, elbows landing on the island before he took the tip of a slice into his mouth, "Keep lying to yourself."

"Let's not talk about my size and instead talk about Adilbabes, okay?" I bit into the pizza. I never realized how hungry I was until the taste hit my tongue.

Keenan raised his brows at the nickname but did better than to insult it. He spoke, "What do you mean waiting?" my mentor asked again.

Keenan walked to a small bar and poured himself some whiskey. A good host would offer his guest some, but good host and Keenan don't belong in the same sentence unless it's to negate. As he had his very distracting back to me—soft skin with pink scratches like trophies on a shelf, I spoke, "We agreed not to do anything until the mentorship ends. He said he'd wait. He's waiting," hearing it aloud drew guilt into my stomach again. It was enough to make feel full. My appetite faded gone, "That's why I'm so fucking guilty."