T H I R T Y - F I V E

"Are you ready?"

"I think...yes"

Those were the last words they spoke to each other, before stepping foot into the police station.

Ever since then, everything went into chaos. It was so quick, wasn't it only a few days ago they came back from their Jeju trip?

And now their faces are everywhere, and they are known as the criminals 'Devil Rider' and 'Bloodrose'.

Everyone was shocked, surprised. To find out that two of the biggest criminals are just highschool seniors. And that one of them is even the son of a big company too, well sad luck for his father now as he has to go through immediate interrogation because of his son.

As for the two, they admitted everything. From the robberies to the biddings, they listed out every crime. When they were sent to court, they were sentenced to life imprisonment.

Yeonha and Yeonri, the sisters were shocked. Rena almost spilled her coffee when she saw the news. They were just hanging out with criminals not too long ago? What about the others then?

At school, it wasn't any better. Calls were made to the teacher's office, all of them frantically answering the demanding calls of parents. The hallways were filled with gossip and whispers, some even shaking knowing they were studying alongside a possible murderer.

Loud footsteps made their way through the crowd, and eventually they stopped in front of a few familiar people.

Clutching the newspaper, she panted with teary eyes. "Guys..."

Everyone looked down, equally not being able to comprehend everything that happened. They felt lost, betrayed, but most of all they felt sad.

"They...lied to us", Jihye choked out.

"Criminals...so that's how they got all the injuries", Nari said solemnly.

"Danger was...right underneath us", Jeno continued.

"My best friend...was a criminal", Jisung cried.

"We could've gotten hurt", Donghyuck said.

"We could've died", Jaemin shook his head.

"But we didn't", Renjun said, firmly. "They're criminals and we shouldn't excuse that at all. But not once, did they try to hurt us. Haven't you seen them? It's obvious how much they care for us"

"Maybe they're just good actors"

"NO!", Renjun slammed his fist into a locker. "See? You're doing it again. You guys promised you wouldn't"

"But-"

"But??", Renjun glared. "They are the only friends from China that I have. I know them better than any of you would think. They're not bad at heart, they're just too deep in the wrong shit"

A tear slipped out of his eye. Opening his locker forcefully, Renjun was taken aback by something falling out. Crouching down to take it, he inspected the sealed envelope.

"No name? Huh...", tearing it open, he took out two letters and started to read them. Not too long after, his hands started to shake and tears dampened the paper, smudging the ink.

"Chenle and Xiu Ying...", he started as Renjun turned to face them.

"They left letters, to each of us", Jihye continued his sentence as she took out a similar envelope.

"They care for us, and they're sorry we found out about them this way"

"They wished to turn back time, before they even started this crime stuff"

"But they can't, and only wants us to forgive them. They enjoyed our Jeju trip, and even if we don't want to be their friends it's alright"

"Because...us being apart of their lives at least during our youth, is already enough", Jihye sobbed. It wasn't long, until all of them broke down.

It was sad, but one thing for sure is that they'll always be friends. They are linked in hearts, and also by ink.

"So please...", Renjun gulped as he tried to calm down.

"Don't make the same mistake as last time, like what you did to me"

"I'm sorry, Renjun", Jaemin hugged him. Soon, everyone joined in the hug.

"Friends forever? Even if we reload?"

"Friends, forever"

~~~

But you see, this isn't exactly what Chenle and Xiu Ying had in mind.

"How much further?"

"Only a bit more, I can see the gate!"

Sirens blared, and the megaphones blasted.

"Prisoners 011122 and 011108 are missing. I repeat, prisoners Zhong Chenle and Li Xiu Ying are missing"

"Ugh, fucking hell! Run Puddin'!"

And so they ran, ran and ran not even trying to stop. Not until they left prison, not until they are free. Because being stuck in prison for a long time isn't part of their plan.

Actually, it wasn't even in the plan to begin with.

"Just a bit more Rosie!! We can do it", Chenle yelled as he ran nearing towards the gate. Orange outfits getting dirty due to the mud, that didn't matter as escape was the only thing on their minds.

A light suddenly shone on them, and Chenle looked up. Smirking, he looked back and swiftly grabbed Xiu Ying by the waist.

"What are you doing?!"

"Look up, Rosie! Our ride's here", Chenle grabbed onto the rope and up into the air they went. "Pull us in, asshole!"

After suffering a few minutes, they were finally inside a helicopter. Flying away from the high-walled prison, the couple sighed in relief and panted heavily.

"Here", a boy with purple highlights passed them both water bottles which they gratefully took and drank in one go.

"Thanks for coming", Chenle said after he finally caught his breath.

"Xiu Ying, meet Liu Yangyang. That's Qian Kun, driving the helicopter", a blue hair boy sent a wave at them.

"We met before, and are fairly close even if it's not under criminal alliances. So thanks to them, we're free now"

"Wow...you really had everything planned huh?"

"Of course, at least we admitted our crimes. But for us to stop once and for all? Eh, that'll take longer than they think", Chenle chuckled. "Since security here is stronger because of us, I decided we should go and start somewhere else"

"A reload, from our old lives"

"Oh? Then where are we going, baby?"

He pecked on her lips and stared at her long, before putting on a black mask and letting his eyes continue the contact they had.

"To Germany, where we'll start all over again"

Xiu Ying giggled, as she put on her own mask as well.

"Seems fun"

"Oh, it surely is"

"I'm excited then, but also I love you okay?", she clutched his hand.

"I love you too. But for now,", Chenle glanced down to the sight of Düsseldorf, Germany. "Let's..."

"Ride or die, darling"

[We're back, no more breaks, everyone sit back]