Chapter 59

Jennie's POV

It must've been an eternity or so before we have finally arrived at our first destination. Or so Taehyung says.

He got out first out of the car while I tidied myself up before going out of the car but he opened the door for me before I could even touch the car handle or whatever. As I got out, the warm breeze hit my skin directly and I absolutely enjoyed it. The breeze, the sunlight, the indistinguishable words people are saying, and just everything that happens on a daily basis. It just meant that I'm still breathing and alive.

"Thanks." He smiled at me then closed the door behind me before locking the car completely.

"Anyways, I'm pretty sure you haven't had breakfast yet due to the sudden intrusion of myself in your house. So I decided that maybe we can eat here?" He pointed to a very familiar café. I stared at the building and almost teared up when I realized that it was that café where I met Namjoon at. Jisoo was very protective and hot at the same time during that time too even though it was hella freezing under the rain.

"S-Sure." I softly sniffed tp not make myself obvious that I was about to cry whole remembering that memory. I then followed Taehyung's lead towards the entrance of the café.

Taehyung, the gentleman that he is, pushed open the door for me to be greeted by a familiar scent and warmth. The four of us - me, Chaeyoung, Lisa, and Jisoo - would sometimes go here after school  to talk about stuff and just enjoy each other's company. Those were such happy times. I unconsciously smiled sadly.

But I guess, those times had to end.

Everything seemed the same to me with a few people happily drinking their coffee and eating their bread, the coziness of the place, and the light atmosphere surrounding the area. But without Jisoo, it changed in front of my eyes in a blink.

"Get a table for us, Jen. I'll order." He told me before I nodded but before I could find a spot, he grasped my wrist making me stumble back onto his body. A slight touch yet such a weird feeling. I raised my head backwards to meet his stunned eyes because he was talker than me so yeah.

"Um... yes?" I casually asked, ignoring the fact that he was almost hugging me because he secured me in his arms awhile ago when I fell backwards which was his fault to begin with.

"Uh... s-sorry. I just thought that I sounded demanding so I just wanted to say... Please?" His cheeks went red out of embarrassment and totally not because I was so close to him.

Feeling uncomfortable with the position that we were in, I pulled away from his arms and smiled at him to at least make this less awkward. After all, I'll be spending the entire day with him.

"It's alright. So order now, yeah? I'll find a table." I then turned my back on him while releasing a sigh of relief. That saved the day.

A few moments later, Taehyung has come to our table and placed the tray of coffee and small cakes he ordered onto the table before having a seat himself on his wooden chair.

"The line was kinda long for a morning but I survived and brought our supplies to replenish our energy for today." He cheekily smiled at me making me laugh. The sense of humors that the Kim lineage has is really something.

And then I stupidly remembered, I'm also a Kim. How funny.

I wrapped my hands on the small cup of my coffee to feel the satisfaction of the warmth that came through me. How weird that a cup of coffee could make me feel something familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. I then eyed the coffee as if expecting it to stare at me back.

I took a swift whiff of the smell and taste of the coffee before almost dropping the cup in my hands if it wasn't for my reflex to catch it. My heartbeat fastened and I do not know the reason.

Am I falling in love with a cup of coffee?

Old memories started flooding in again when I recognized the coffee aroma in the air, it was Jisoo's type of coffee. If we couldn't get to a café on time due to oversleeping, she would make coffee herself when she's the one to fetch me for school. I could never forget that smell that makes my morning so sweet. That smile she gives me when she hands me the cup... so precious.

"Jennie, is something wrong?" Taehyung's concerned question snapped me back to reality while I dumbly stared at his coffee that looked too normal for my liking.

"N-nothing. Just being delusional over a cup of coffee is all." I obviously didn't say the last part out loud and only to myself. That'll make people think that I'm crazy.

I wouldn't want people thinking that one of the Kims' - Jisoo's family - date were to be a crazy girl who has had an attraction to a coffee.

"Ah... that's a relief then. I thought you were having a fight with your coffee. You were glaring at it for too long." He chuckled while I nervously laughed while avoiding any eye contact with him and the coffee that started all this embarrassment that I am suffering at right now.

"Anyways, where do we go next?" I asked and he hummed.

"We're going to the beach. Your aunt's beach to be exact." He then sipped some of his beverage, which was coffee. I've been saying coffee far too many times today.

"Ah... okay then. That's a great idea. I missed the beach as well." Just thinking about the sea, excites me. But then again, that place would remind me of Jisoo.

And I'm thinking about her again. Geez... it'll be impolite to Taehyung if I keep on focusing on someone else and not him. So I fought my feelings away for the moment and tried to think about Taehyung only just for today.

The flow of our conversation was going well and I'd be lying if I didn't enjoy Taehyung's lame jokes and company. I was surprised myself that I kept my attention on him and not someone in particular. I gave myself a mental pat on the back for this achievement.

It was finally time to go and Taehyung left to the cashier to pay while I waited for him in the car. And then I remembered something.

"Shit. I forgot my phone." I rushed my way in the store again to be met by Taehyung's confused look and I sheepishly smiled at him before going to our table to find my phone.

I was expecting my phone to be on the floor but was shocked at the fact that it was perfectly placed on the table with a sticky note stuck onto it. Three red roses was beside it as well so maybe it wasn't an admirer but someone who loves me.

I picked it up and read it. It was a but confusing but I got it eventually. It said:

U 3N€H0¥3D Z ¢o₽H3e?

I laughed lightly at how much effort was put into this. It looked like it was written in a fast pace. I smiled and unconsciously nodded.

I did.

...

• Understood the message or not? •