I reached her hill and looked at the crescent moon. Then, I threw her head back and howled with everything I was. It was long, loud, and sad. Everything that had happened in my family, I regretted.I regretted not telling them what I was. I regretted not telling them how I felt when they ignored me. Most of all, I regretted not being with them enough. So, basically, I regretted everything.

The only thing I wanted was to go home, but I couldn't. Where they hell was my home anymore. It certainly wasn't there. Right now, I needed my mate and the protection of a pack.

Katie was right. I couldn't keep ignoring my nature. Jace was my mate and I needed him. Now more than ever. Without wasting anymore time, I headed to his house.

Jace's P.O.V.

I was pacing my office, ripping my hair out of my head when I heard the knock on my door. When I opened it, I saw Dani there. She was crying and that scared me. It's not often that she cries. Immediately, I pulled her into my arms and held her close.

She cried into my chest as I picked her up and shut the door. I carried her to my room and held her on the bed in my lap. "Shh, baby," I whispered. "You're okay. I'm here. Just tell me who did this to you and I'll kill them. It's going to be okay."

When she looked up to me, she shook her head and wiped her eyes. "M-my parents," she said softly. They did this to her? They were going to pay for this. "They're dead," she whispered. Oh, whoops. Thank god I didn't say that out loud.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I whispered in her ear. "Tell me. What happened?"

All she did was shake her head. It took her around five minutes to calm down enough to speak to me. "They were in a car accident," she said in a hoarse voice. "They didn't survive. I should've let them know everything. They should've known what I was. I should've told them everything."

"This is not your fault, Dani. You had a right to keep that part of your life private from them. Their humans and would've been scared. You were protecting them by keeping this secret. Even though they might've showed it in a different way, I know they loved you," I said to her keeping eye-contact so she would know I was telling the truth. "Don't blame yourself. This was an accident."

Then, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry, Jace. I shouldn't have pushed you away," she said, abruptly changing the subject. "You were right. I need you and the safety of a pack. I'm a werewolf and I'm not meant to be on my own. This isn't who I am. I love you. I'm so sorry I didn't realize this sooner. I shouldn't have been such a stubborn bitch."

Her eyes sparkled green like the forest. "Dani-" I said.

"No," she stopped me knowing I was going to tell her that she was wrong. "I was a stubborn, selfish, bitch. I know I don't deserve any of this, let alone you. I understand if you want me to leave so you can be with someone who will be able to be a better alpha female, a better mate."

"No, love," I told her. "I wouldn't want anyone else. If you want to make it up to me, never leave. Stay with me forever and don't run away. You hating me is the only thing that can break me. Do you understand?"

When she rolled her eyes at me, I knew everything would be all right. "Jeez, Jace. I'm not five! I understand and I would never dream about leaving you."

Perfect. That's the one word that came to my mind. She and everything else was perfect now. "Can I kiss you?" I asked her.

She nodded and I took her soft face in my hands. My thumbs stroked her cheeks as I looked into her pretty eyes. Then, I leaned forward and kissed her. It was everything I dreamed about when I would first kiss my mate. I know that makes me sound like a female, but it's true.

It was sweet and passionate, but still filled with sparks and fire. It gave me the sense that I was with my true mate.

The kiss lasted what seems like forever. Dani pressed herself closer to me and one of my arms snaked around her waist as the other cupped her cheek. Her arms made their way around my neck and she held onto me as if she was intending on never letting go. Which I'm pretty sure we'd both be fine with.

We pulled away breathing heavily and I held her tight. "I love you, Dani," I whispered into her hair.

"I love you, too, Jace," was her response.

___________________________________

January 10, 2011 (5:35 pm)

Sorry, that took forever guys! I had sooo much to do. I'm working on my new story, What the She-Wolf Wants right now. Maybe I'll be able to get it out tonight. It gives a twist on female werewolves again. That's sort of my thing now. Anyway, make sure to read it and MidnightRose66's new story. I have a character based off of me! Ha ha! Yes! Female werewolf! But hey, would you expect anything less?

TTFN