-Dancing-

[Taissa's POV]

I pace in my bedroom, anxiously waiting for Devin to arrive. I hadn't told Evan I was going out yet. He was going to be so angry, I was out the night before and then accidentally elbowed Tessa this morning. I flatten out my black dress, which was wrinkled at the bottom. My head perks up as I see Quinton's head pop through the door, and his expression suddenly changing to a frown.

"Mommy where are you going?" He whined, running over and hugging my waist tightly. I shake my hand through his curly brown hair, before replying.

"I'm just going out for dinner." I say as he lets go. I put a hand on his back and guide him out the door, me following him out.
Evan is standing in the hallway outside Tessa's room, his head turns as I enter.

"Where are you going?" He asks quietly, eying me up and down. I can see the irritation in his face.

"Out for dinner" I slowly hum, avoiding eye contact.

His arms extend as his voice grew louder. "You're kidding right? You were just out last night and then you hurt Tessa this morning."

"I didn't mean to!" I defended, my mouth half open as I watch him now. "Listen, I have an appointment with my manager and a director, I'll be back in a few hours."

"Whatever" He says turning back around, shutting Tessa's door and then going into Quinton's room. Guilt stabs my in the heart as I run down the stairs, grabbing my coat and quickly walking to Devin's car. I feel panicky because Evan saw Devin at the Ice-cream store earlier today. I slid into the front seat, as he murmured something in a deep tone which I just assumed was hey,

"Hi" I chirped, unexpectedly changing my mood. He turns on the ignition and begins driving.

"So can I take you to my pub again?" He asks quickly, looking out the corner of his eye. I nod, taking a deep breath.

"I didn't know you worked at the ice cream shop." I mumble peering out the window.

"Yeah, just part time for extra bucks." He smiles. I see the exit to go into the town where 'Puzzles' is.

He doesn't veer into it.

"Where are we going?" I say quietly trying to hide the panic now thrown at me.

"Somewhere special baby" He hums, a smirk across his cleanly shaved face.

"I was in the mood for a drink" I say trying to change his mind.

"There'll be drinks at my house"

"But tonight was Disco night. We could have danced."

I frown at the menacing smile he has on his face.

"We are going to do a lot more than dancing." He chuckles.