chapter XXIII ༄

Maybe this is all that I can be

  |W.D.Y.W.F.M - The Neighborhood

M - The Neighborhood

"What a douchebag." Aaliyah scoffed, while comforting Julia, who was angrier than ever.

"I knew our mission would be impossible to fulfill. He is helpless." Pandora added, walking around the room.

"No, something's wrong." Julia said in deep thought. "He is different."

Pandora rolled her eyes. "Different? Lia, it's been only one week. No one changes that drastically in such a short timespan."

"But he looks and acts different. He has this... dark aura conjuring him. As if he had done something unforgivable, morbid." the girl said, sitting up from the blue couch and slowly walking towards a bookshelf, tracing her fingers on the books' spines. "And I'm going to find out."

"We're in." Aaliyah said.

"No way. I'm not bringing you two into my problems again. I may have started whatever is wrong with him, therefore I shall end it. I don't want to cause more trouble. So please, do not insist on helping me with this one. You've helped enough, and I am beyond thankful for that. But this time I want to solve this alone."

Pandora and Aaliyah looked at each other, sighing.

"Fine." Pandora spoke. "But if anything bad happens, we will be there to back you up."

"Thank you."

~

The Great Hall was full of happy students roaming around, admiring Hogwarts as if they haven't seen it for years. Everyone prepared eagerly for the first dinner at Hogwarts after the Christmas holidays.

Julia wasn't hungry at all, but she too loved the new decorations. The school was filled with laughter and overall, an atmosphere full of excitement.

She sat down at the Ravenclaw table, chatting with her fellow Ravenclaws and trying to take her mind off of Tom and the sudden change. She wanted to enjoy this night, without thinking of anything that could damage her mood.

She glanced over to the Slytherin table. Tom and his followers were nowhere to be seen. She knew something happened, and she was about to find out. But not tonight, she thought.

As always, things didn't go as planned that night. . .

She noticed Rosier, the only follower of Tom who was sitting at the table, looking at her suspiciously. He then sat up, leaving the Great Hall.

Julia couldn't take it anymore. She excused herself from dinner, walking out of the hall and quietly following Rosier all the way to one of the girls' restroom.

She hid behind a pillar, trying to figure out who Rosier was standing in front of. When she heard the figure's deep voice, she knew exactly who the boy was talking to. And it was none other than Tom Riddle.

"My Lord. I believe the Ravenclaw girl is a threat to your great plan." Rosier spoke, slightly bowing his head to Tom.

Riddle hummed. "You think?"

"Yea, my Lord. I've seen the way she looked at me. I reckon she has suspicions about you."

"I see."

"What shall we do?"

"First of all, I want to know where you hid the book. I want to make sure it's somewhere secure, where she can't find it."

"It's in the library, my Lord. Restricted section."

"Is that really where you hid it?. . And I thought you were a little bit smarter than the others." she heard Tom scoff. "Get the book out of there and bring it to me. Tonight, after dinner."

"Yes, my Lord."

Julia frowned, waiting for the two to leave. She then quietly tip-toed away. She knew exactly where she was going to go. The library.

She made sure that Rosier wasn't there yet, quickly opening the now closed library's door. She also unlocked the Restricted section's door with a special spell, casting a Lumos with her wand.

Her gaze travelled from book to book, trying to find that specific book Tom was talking about as fast as possible. The only problem was, that she didn't know which book.

Suddenly, she stumbled across a pile of books, the top one being this black one, radiating an ever so dark energy. 'Secrets of the Darkest Arts' was carved with silver in the cover. Julia opened the book, searching for any type of clue. Suddenly, she noticed traces of a ripped out page. Her gaze travelled to the right upper corner of the chapter's remaining page, her eyes widening as she read the chapter's title.

Immortality.

She broke down, her legs weakening. She couldn't believe it.

Tom has made a horcrux.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey y'all, I'm baaaackk!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I was happy to be able to finally post again, hence I just finished my exams:D

  As always, I would like to thank you for standing by<3 i love all of you

Also, the gifs are finally working again!

I started to work on other stories too, and I am super excited to announce that I will be writing another Tom Riddle fanfiction^^ (I mean, I just can't get enough of Riddle, but who can?)

Here's a snippet for you;)

 Yes, it will be darker and more mature than D

Yes, it will be darker and more mature than D.B.
But that's all that I'll be revealing (for now)

Please stay safe and healthy!

Lots'a hugs and kisses from your dear author🖤

R